bad fuel economy

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
ive been having bad fuel economy and have searched the threads on here. Info tells me its the oxygen sensor if called up nissan and repco for price on a new one.
Nissan:$288
Repco brand:$122
aca part number ox203:$160
Bosh:eek:ver $300
or theres this one i found on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/OXYGEN-02-SE...oryZ6763QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
what do you people think anyone tried any of the above any mechanics or engineers dealing with such sensors would there be much difference in quality or not so.

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
I havnt used one of these one a micra... but ive use that same type (cheep autobarn brand 80 bucks) for my 81 soarer. the plate you screw it into braked pretty easy but apart from that its fine... my fuel econ. went up a few liters with the new one all wired in but thats for my soarer...

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Hmmm I thought I would replace mine today and got an ACA OX203 from work but I just knoticed its a single wire one and the micras original has 3 wires. Is there a way to use it or has ACA provided the wrong info on it suiting a micra?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
micra king

i think the 2 outer wires are to pre-heat the lambda, so would probably still work.
but if you started the car from cold, and left it ticking over, the lambda signals would be spurious

frank

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
well changed the sensor filled up did 440km on 38liters which is about 8.63L/100km correct me if im wrond but shouldnt it be a little more like 6L/100km. not sure what to do next anyone know how to check the coolant sensor and any pics where its located.

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
exactly the same with me mate,
i replaced sensor with an Ntk one of the same 2 months ago.
Thought it was **** fuel to start with, but i have tried the whole bunch (premium, norm, BP's, mobil, etc)
And I get just under 440km's to every tank.
I even looked for fuel leaks for a bit...

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Hey All,
It seems there is a few of us that are having similar problems...
My micra uses wayyyyy to much fuel. I have tried different driving styles and also driving with the air con off all the time and It drops the l/100km a bit but still not where I think it should be.
I got just on 5.9l/100km on a long trip on the highway. But around town its about 8.5-9l/100km which IMO means something must be wrong.
I will be resoldering the throttle body soon and will replace the o2 sensor when I can afford to.

Can anybody answer the question of which coolant sensor is the one for the ecu? Pics would be great...

Thanks ppl
qwerty132

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
i was getting 8.5l/100km fuel economy then resolded the throttle body dropped to 10.5l/100km changed the oxygen sensor back down to 8.5l/100km.today i just adjusted the throttle potentiometer to the 0.5kohm was on 0.8kohm and cleaned the so called choke will see how this goes over the next week.Looking at other threads trying to find where the coolant sensor is cant find any pics looked on the car i cant identify it.

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Hey all,

I have re soldered my throttle body... Car doesn't seem any different though I wasn't expecting a noticeable change. I think it accelerates a bit smoother in 2nd particularly. It used to have a bit of a flat spot or hiccup kind of - not a smooth curve... Hard to describe.

I also checked the TPS potentiometer. It read .680k Ohm with my dodgy meter and .708k Ohm with a better one I borrowed. I didnt adjust it because I didnt know exactly what would happen. Will it change the idle speed if I move it??? Or is it just the base point for the throttle position for the ecu mapping???

Anyway Ill probably fill up when fuel is cheap on tuesday. So Ill see how the economy is on the next tank.. If I can dig up enough money Ill replace to O2 sensor in the next week or two.

Will keep this thread updated..
Thanks
qwerty132

Back