back plate holder

you mean the boot handle??

if so take off panel on the inside of the boot lid and there is 4 bolts to undo and it will come off. theres 2 screws for each light tho, undo these first. :)

hope it makes sense bit drunk at the mo lol

As said, open your boot n remove the back panel, best to use a screwdriver to get the wee pins out. Once that is off you have 4 screws to undo, you possibly might need to remove the wiper motor and housing to get at 1 of the screws - be careful when putting these back on, managed to snap one of mine - once you got the wiper motor out the road, just undo the screws and it will lift off.

same as scottishsr said, you have to take the wiper motor of, but be carefull when you paint it, when i painted mine i very carefully took of the rubber seal pieces, and the never managed to go back on, so now by boot looks a bit odd. also you will probably realise this but my mate didnt and it cost him so i will tell you, dont undoe the bolts on the wiper motor till you have taken of the wiper arm, its really easy just a 12mm bolt under the little cover, but it cost my mate 50 quid getting the dent filled and painted

i had to loosen my wiper motor as i couldnt get to one of the screws with it in place, this wasnt the case on my lx however so it may depend on models and years. not a hard job tho very easy. :)

actually should have been a bit clearer there, hope it didn't sound as tho i was having a go....

in my sr i didn't have to take out the wiper motor, but the spare handle i got from a L in the scrappy i had to, so maybe daveys right :)

while on the subject of boot handles, has anyone got a decent picture of an import micra with a square no plate recess, i got one pic but you cant see much, but it looked good, thought i'd have a try before i smooth it

Back