Back Box

I am going to buy a back box for the K11 at some point next week and I was just wondering if you guys had any to recommend. At the moment it looks like I will be buying the Sportex rear silencer from the POTN website. I would ideally like to install a whole new system but unfortunately uni is looming and I need all the pennies I can get - but the peashooter has to go. I have also looked at the Janspeed box but it is about £40 more expensive. Any thoughts?

janspeed if you can like, sportex isnt really the best brand but i can reccomend POTN however

Ordered the sportex from POTN on Monday. They said it would take 3 to 5 days to arrive...still waiting. They sent an email saying the order was being processed, but I havent had one saying it has been dispatched yet :(

I had the Powerflow box on mine, and it was the nicest noise i've ever heard a Back box make! Was fairly loud also :)

is one of out discounts with PONT? i woulda went janspeed personally or save up bit longer n get a full system+ janspeed manifold.

This is getting daft now. I rang them up on tuesday, the 7th working day from when I ordered it, as monday was a bank holiday. I was told that it would either be arriving later that day or on wednesday...thursday now and still no sign of it :mad:

At last! She arrived by courier this morning. Fitted it straight on...had a bit of a job getting the rusty old nuts off the old pipe but got there in the end. The very tip of the new pipe sits a little bit proud of the rear bumper but its not too bad. Sounds pretty good...nice bassy noise when i give it some revs. Not quite what i was expecting but still chuffed. Plus it doesnt look ridiculously out of place with the huge hole Nissan cut into the bumper around the exhaust.

Did you buy the 3 inch or 4 inch version? My Janspeed has a hole in it and i'm looking for other exhausts. I was thinking about the 4 inch, but not sure if it'd fit well lol.

James.

Okay, cool, my next question is: are the Sportex boxes good? :) I'm tempted between that, a 3" Ashley competition, or a stainless steel one from Longlife (bit more expensive)

it was £250 for the Cat Back...

i had to wait 4 weeks to get mine done by him lol he had a long list... most of them were race cars :p lol so nice

I bought the 3". It fits well - the hole cut into the bumper by Nissan would probably take 4" though.

index.cfm

The Sportex sounds ok...fairly deep, but not quite as raw and loud as I was hoping for. Still, you get what you pay for I guess. But I was happy with the apparent build quality of the thing.

Back