Back box

Alfonze

Ex. Club Member
Right Im after a new back box to make the car sound louder, I have seen universal ones fairly cheap. I don't want to increase BHP just to make it sound louder any one recommend anything?

you should be good for mot's, so long as you dont change your manifold for a Janspeed...which youre not planning on doing by the sounds of it...only thing they may complain about is if its too loud...but i dont think you should have that problem either. :)

Better to pay a bit extra and get one made to fit a micra, preferably the Ashley, good quality and straight through unlike the Janspeed.

This way it bolts on, which you can do yourself. Rather than paying less than having to pay a garage to cut and weld it on.

He doesn't want performance just a different look and sound so that would be wasted money IMO.

Something like that tip should do just fine as it suits his needs.

no backbox will give you performance, and the ashley back box is a backbox like that, just with the pipes that bolt onto the midpipes.

Janspeed don't just make manifolds ya know....

When i was looking into a backbok i thought janspeed. but alienfish360 pointed me towards the ashley and i must admitt the pipe is angled but the sound of it is great and alot cheaper than janspeed. I sold my bacbox and since got a another micra and wish i never sold it cause ive to order another one all over................Ashley all the way, you wont be dissapointed

I don't want to spend alot, just make it louder.

thats why i got this one from a friend for £30

vbimghost.php

was originally £80 aparantly

:k11motors

But that isn't a straight fit. I'd do what alienfish said and get something that's designed for the car.

I have a universal back box you can have off me?
3.5" burnt tip, tuneable noise.
It has hangers welded on to be a straight fit, but would need to have your current box cut and this one welded on..
Pics i can get if your interested.
£25 plus p&p.

Just disconnect your exhaust from the downpipe...That should pass an MOT on emmissions as the CAT will be there still, but dont know about the sound lol

you could always put this tailpipe on

54154799ca5775325.jpg

i'm geting my new backbox today, so dont need it, never fitted it either...if you want it....?
this ones supposed to have some "smart sound structure" or something on it to make it sound better too...

:K11motors

Back