automatic transmission

CMF_bikesdragon

» CMF Member
Forgive my lack of knowledge, I have a 95 Micra 205k's, been told that the auto transmission is about to die and that it can't be rebuilt and its not worth getting a second hand one. Money is my issue and Im just wondering if anyone can give me their thoughts!

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
If the car has a CVT transmission you should be able to get a second hand one installed for about $1500. If the rest of the car is in good nic and you really like it ie it has PS and AC, I would recomend keeping it and paying the $1500. Otherwise offload and buy another one. Also, depends how much you like the CVTness of it compared to a Ford Festiva that jerks your neck off when it changes "gears" in the auto version.

For me if mine blew, I think I would pay the $1500 to fix it. I like my micra.

CMF_bikesdragon

» CMF Member
Hi I appreciate your thoughts, its a hard choice, I just spent all my money on building a house! I have really liked the car but you have confirmed the cost, so I think I will drive it till it dies, then maybe the scrap yard might buy it.

CMF_david (2)

» CMF Member
You might get more for it if you try to sell it to someone who is prepared to fix the problem. (comparing to a scrap yard) Advertise on here at least when you want to offload.

Back