Audio System Further Improvement??

Hi,

I have two standard front door speakers and the standard parcel shelf speakers. The sound quality is really good even at loud volumes and the bass is pretty decent. The headunit is an old sony xplod unit with output 4x50w.

Just wondering what is my best (and most cost-effective) way to get more bass and perhaps even cleaner sound? (friend has a 08 golf with factory audio system which sounds AMAZING, would love to have mine like this...)

Replace front door speakers with aftermarkets ones?

Get aftermarket 6x9's put into parcel shelf? (but this is going to be a bit expensive :(

Or any other better suggestions?

As always, thanks for the help!

use stereo sound for bass too. one amplifier (or . one for each channel) left and right channels a bass driver speaker for each channel. mono is wasting a dual channel clean bass signal

I pulled a really good aftermarket set of speakers w/amp out of my mate's car after his mrs wrote it off. Sound system is worth more than the car now :D

More realistically a decent upgrade would consist of:
Subwoofers
Tweeters
x-over
amp

You can get some half decent coaxial speakers nowadays though too.

is there any recomended speakers on the cheaper side? was looking at sd18 speakers? mainly at price and reviews seemed good
but i want basicly to get the most,
got the full factory system with a jvc stereo and they can been loud and bass , but distorts higher up but i want to upgrade the system but kinda keep it like it is , not just stick a big sub in the boot and such, (mainly i like the stock look and need boot and interior space,)
i did have the idea of making a sub box to fit withing the rear quarters of the boot, its fairly deep and would minimize the impact on boot space
could anyone help/ guild me here?
thanks

Back