Advice on Setting up an audio system

Hi all ! Going through the process of sprucing up my k10, its known as March here by the way.. :grinning:

Planning to put up an Audio system and looking for ideas and what to avoid. Found out about the 45-50 mm depth limitation on the door panels. Want to put in a good system with quality bass, but on a medium budget. My store's opinion is that 4" sub woofers on the doors would not provide good bass, but even it seems more tolerable than just the terrible treble at present.

Any ideas guys... ?

You should build a bassbox which fits into the spare tire place in the trunk.
A nice amp for the front and for the sub.
And of course a component 13cm front system (not a coax they are only good enough for the rearfill).
13cm is the right size for a micra, because of the limited depth as you found out yourself.
Otherwise I would say: build a doorboard and fit 16,5cm speakers.
And remember: good sound comes from the front, you wouldn't turn your back to the stage at a concert.
I recommend the helix deep blue series as this is cheap and powerfull. Or Hertz should be also good enough.
Well... don't forget the insulation of the doors with alubutyl or bitumen. The best system sounds like crap if the car is not insulated right.
The micra tends to have hanging doors, thats the problem with insulating them. It has to be good, but not to heavy.
And the roof of the car is really thin, if you want to build "the" high end system this should be insulated as well as the trunk.
But I think insulating the doors is enough in your case.

Back