Argh Help Asap

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
peeps need help asap my M.O.T is due and my hand break light (I) light is always on what can i do for it to go off and where is the best place to get a cat from been told a new one is over 100 pound ARGH HELP PEEPS

new cat try online automotive and they do 24hr delivery or matt humphris, as for the handbrake light sounds like your pads maybe worn out, something on the brakes are setting off that sensor. It may also be on if the brakes are newly fitted or not fitted correctly.

Its not low brake fluid is it ?

if not youve probably got a sticky switch, unscrew the surrounding trim around the handbrake lever the switch is just under there...

already had the cowling off around the hand break would the light be on because the front pads are worn didnt think that the front breaks were connected to the hand break and not 100% sure about fluid tried lookin at the break fluid pot looks like there is halfway full and when i put my hand break on sometimes the car still moves if on a hill till i pump the foot break

Solarice is probably on to something there then with your brake fluid as you shouldn't have to pump your brake pedal. The sensors are on your front brakes its there as a warning if there is a problem. my light came on when i upgraded to pulsar brakes till i had run her around the block.

The usual reason for the light to permanently come on is low brake fluid level. If your handbrake is also performing badly there maybe more to it, such as leaking rear caliper seals which have contaminated the brake linings.

I would check both the fluid level and take a look at the rear brake shoes, easy things to do yourself without going to the garage and blowing money.

Back