are these road legal before i rip old 1`s off

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
hi peeps anyone no if these are legal as the blue bit is plastic

5vij85e5.jpg

8b97n2il.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You should be careful with pedals like that, as when I was playing around with modding my mini, one of the police man neighbours came over to make sure I had told my insurance company about them as a few weeks before some boy racer crashed and the insurance company refused to pay out because they hadn't declared the pedals.

I don't know if he was just talking bull, but who knows what some insurance companies will do to get out from paying?

Arnold is right i think

And yes insurance companies will destroy you for that.

i used to ride a Trailway 125 and i crashed it. But the insurance company refused to pay out, because i had put trail handlebars on it, and not told them that i had modified my bike.

So they blamed my crash on the modified handlebars (even tho it had nothing to do with them) and didn't give me a penny.

I would suggest metal pedals with rubber cross section (the same way yours is a blue cross section)

If you can find them!

Tom

you need rubber grtips on the clutch and brake pedal but not on the accelerator.

For an insurance company not to pay out due to modifications, I believe they must prove in court that the modification contributed to the accident.

they don't have to have rubber on them. some manufacturers use all alloy ones as standard on some cars. you have to replace them on a kind of like for like basis, i.e if they had rubber on standard, you need rubber on aftermarket ones, if not then you don't need it.
the ones you have should be fine as it will be a very stiff rubber, and just feel like plastic i presume.
just make sure they are secure:)

Back