Anyone wanting wide wheels

I nearly bought wellers for mine...but wasnt sure how close they'd fit for a 4x100

ET-3 will fit under wide arches no probs...mine up front are ET-15 iirc. and with the camber i could go even more negative without popping the wheels outside :D

The pcd...because as far as i could see they dont make a 4x100 (at least i never found them listed -- though i was looking on american sites at the time), so youd be needing something close. Just never found how close they'd end up...cos i stopped looking. :)

After viewing the site (guess i should have done that first lol) looks like they do indeed make 4x100's so yeah your good to go :)

this website sell 4x100...........and yeah its true as all the ones on ebay are for mini or ford fitment or old skool beetles............so as they advertise these wheels for 4x100 fitment i should expect them to fit.:blues:

george used to turn up at hednesford raceway and b/ham wheels selling them when i was oval racing in the 80,s/90,s :grinning: (sound bloke (Y))

..mine up front are ET-15 iirc

dont you get any torquesteer problems or fouling on full lock kris fwn, i tried these 13" et-10 slicks on mine a while back and the car was horrible to drive :eek:
the steering was heavvvy because of the increased scrub radius (from the pivot line through the leg and balljoint in 3rd pic) and it pulled all over the place on uneven ground :eek:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• SDC11160.JPG
    SDC11160.JPG
    274.5 KB · Views: 428
  • SDC11163.JPG
    SDC11163.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 427
  • SDC11164.JPG
    SDC11164.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 421
as it turns out im currently in negotiations with these people, to make me some wheels op, the et3's fit the rear nicely but are a no no on the front, the et24's listed are only 4x108 pcd and have a different centre in the wheel

hey frank, why do those wheels poke out so much? they look like normal rims?

does that mean if you had 14" steelies banded to fit wide arches for example, then there is no way you would be able to do useful things like cornering?

dont you get any torquesteer problems or fouling on full lock kris fwn, i tried these 13" et-10 slicks on mine a while back and the car was horrible to drive :eek:
the steering was heavvvy because of the increased scrub radius (from the pivot line through the leg and balljoint in 3rd pic) and it pulled all over the place on uneven ground :eek:

No real torque steer imo.

Full lock is an issue but only very slightly (it hits whats left of the arch liner and did hit the bumper/wing mount till i cut it off lol) and could be fixed if i had a lower profile tyres. I only use full lock to get off the drive...

My steering weight is about the same it used to be with the 15's on and when driving its fine (i am about -1.5 to -2 camber up front)...my wheel/tyre combo makes it about the same as stock sizing.

The car has wiggled up front, only once and that was when i was on a really uneven bit of road (we're talking deep gooves that zig zagged) nothing dangerous but noticable...off boost it was fine...as said its only happened once on a bit of road ive only driven along twice :D

But then again because of the road condition it may have had the same effect with a normal wheel setup.

Back