Anyone used/can recommend a decent H4 LED bulb system for 95 k11?

I've asked this one before ages back and changed a good few on reg plates, interior bulbs etc with some success thanks to recommendations of micra.org members but I never went with the main headlights.

Given I've had a problem (most likely headlight) that has caused the fuse box to burn and melt, I'm thinking now is the time to replace the H4 connectors and revisit if it's worth to replace the halogen H4's with LED?

Anyone have any advice to share ...... worth to do? Products/systems to recommend? Or a bad idea and stick to decent ordinary format lighting?

Thanks

I use Osram night breaker laser, they won't last as long, as usual Halogen H4's, though I am currently on 14 months use (I don't do a massive amount of night time driving just more winter time), but they are good, give a crisp glow, an easy win for better lighting and safe for K11 systems.

I use Osram night breaker laser, they won't last as long, as usual Halogen H4's, though I am currently on 14 months use (I don't do a massive amount of night time driving just more winter time), but they are good, give a crisp glow, an easy win for better lighting and safe for K11 systems.

Thanks for the suggestion Nesty. That unit gets reviewed very well and is interesting. Ideally I'd prefer go LED if I can without risk. I heard very mixed reports about the LED ones.

The issue is, with reflector headlights you don't get a proper beam with LED bulbs, they're better suited for projector headlights.

By all means fit them, but you'll be blinding everyone (previous experience with my MX5)

The issue is, with reflector headlights you don't get a proper beam with LED bulbs, they're better suited for projector headlights.

By all means fit them, but you'll be blinding everyone (previous experience with my MX5)

Exactly and that's a road I'm not keen go down .... they have to be sensible/usable lights not something that can pick a goat off on the side of a mountain.

Thanks for explaining about the reflector though .... didn't know that.

phillips white light normal H4 ones here. lasted years and still going. beats the yellow standard bulbs. never tried led headlight bulbs . apart from the back cluster brakes,indicater rears,reverse and fog light.

I do think that headlights for urban use are becoming too powerful now. Amazing, how many people I see driving around (and there are streetlights), with lower driving lights on as well as headlights, like they preparing for the RAC rally forest stage!

I do think that headlights for urban use are becoming too powerful now. Amazing, how many people I see driving around (and there are streetlights), with lower driving lights on as well as headlights, like they preparing for the RAC rally forest stage!

Yeah I think I will try a pair of those Osram's you mention. I'm not looking for Keilder Forest ones as you mention, just good solid reliable ones.

I like the idea of LED and have put quite a few in and in the locations r-reg-sr mentions .... still working well.

Mind I have to replace the melted and welded in front on battery fuse box first .... that 15a fuse I think was made of stainless steel! Right mess. Just waiting on the replacement one to arrive. Can't say as I'm looking forward to splicing that one in.

Back