Anyone on here an EngTech??

just started work at a marine based foundry (as a foundry operative) on the southcoast and was wondering if anyone was a current or past EngTech that i could have a chat with?

naw, die casting, (metal moulds) with hand pouring... one pot doing alu mix and t/other doing zinc mix, have had a look at the ICME and Engineering uk websites, but dont really help in explaining if/where i can do courses (at least, not so i can easily find anyway)

its not a bad little site tbh, 3 of us, 3 pots (2 in use at any one time), 60 tonne press/cutter/holepunch, a small lathe and a small arc welder... although its hot, mega hot, the alu mix is kept at 800c whilst we pour, and the zinc is 500c! only started on friday, and already pooing myself about pouring!

hehe! its tempting, got plenty of plate kicking about and pretty sure i saw some tube too... would have to order up alu plate special as we dont have any (will try and get some pics of the alu ingots) and i've no idea how to weld alu (waiting on the welder to show me the arc welder)

need to find myself an old micra inlet mani and some cbr 600 throttlebodies

Back