Anyone big on detailing..?

Not something I'm that familiar with or hugely fussed about apart from a trio of autoglym products i was given (shampoo, Super Resin Polish and some wax/sealant). The Micra/Shicra is starting to show its age (i.e. go a bit pink in all over) but its nothing a good cutting compound and probably session with a DA wouldn't solve.. anyone do this sort of thing or know anyone that does? and once done, does it need constant TLC to keep it looking perfect(ish)?

SuluR, nice job on the rejuvenation, i dont have the balls to put wet and dry to my paint yet.

id recommend giving it a clay, found an autogylm kit on amazon for about £20, just did my mums car today which is now shining.
Took me around 6 hours mostly getting the tar off the side skirts. By the end the body work is smooth when you run your hand along it.

Before
photo_5.jpg

After
photo_4.jpg

When I had finished.
photo_3.jpg

photo_1.jpg

same age, coloue and spec (by the looks) as the shicra.. now the suns out i might bother having another go (t'is a mess). i think it needs cutting to restore the red tbh.. too scared to wet'n'dry it!!

Back