Anti-roll bar

Does anyone know if there is an anti-roll bar off another car that could be modded to fit a k10?

some K10's had anti roll bars, they were fitted as standard to 1.2 models and as an optional extra on some 1.0's, if yours is a 88 you should have the mounting holes already present in the suspension links its just as case of finding one and bolting it in place.

are you on about front are rear anti roll bars ???

as i believe mat is talking about the rear anti roll bars.

i am currently also awaiting delivery from a friend on here of some FRONT anti roill bars i am then in turn going to get to fit onto the k10
:D

i shall keep all informed of how this goes!!

wayne

I was also thinking about front strut tower braces and was wondering how much room is there between the top of the air cleaner housing and the hood when the hood is closed?

only one way to find out. put your head in there and shut the bonnet..lol.. thats a joke btw, dont actually do it. there's plenty of room for a strut brace, plenty of people have already done this mod on the K10.
Owen

RE: RE: Anti-roll bar

DoomPixie said:
only one way to find out. put your head in there and shut the bonnet..lol.. thats a joke btw, dont actually do it. there's plenty of room for a strut brace, plenty of people have already done this mod on the K10.
Owen

is this a custom made bar? or is one available?

I bought mine from Japan! £130 or so it ended up being, probably the best mod i've made, however just finding out its not made of stainless steel grr will treat that later :)

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~ajarnold to see a picture (not updated that link for a while now)

i seem to remember someone had redrilled a K11 strut brace and fitted it to a K10 aswell? I might still have some autocad drawings with dimensions for a custom one somewhere aswell. not sure though. will have a look tommorow. :)
Owen

I heard somewhere that the strut braces with hinges on either side weren't as good as the totally solid ones. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

you can get strut braces, fornt and back.

http://www.dts-tuning.de

you'll have to transalte it or learn german, and i'll give you a clue. Its under Cathedral props.

1134 said:
I heard somewhere that the strut braces with hinges on either side weren't as good as the totally solid ones. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

I guess if the hinge is V.tight then it will fit to a veriety of angles of struts but since there is no play in the hinge the performance shouldnt be significantly different from a fully rigid one....

However i can immagine over time the hinge jonts may wear and create a certain degree of free play and therefore reducing the effectveness of the brace over time?

Back