Another leaky micra

17023072073946786198065183941117.jpg
My 2004 (K12) Micra is leaking and it's getting worse. I have pulled the headliner away from the roof and it can now drip directly into a container, so hoping to reduce water in footwell. I have sealed (duct tape) the sunroof and front half of the roof area above where it drips, to no avail. Any thoughts please? Thank you

The sun roof drains?
Have you checked at the floor under the doors I think the plastic caps have or are drains for sunroof.
Ain't got a sunroof here have read thread saying they block tho.

View attachment 87511My 2004 (K12) Micra is leaking and it's getting worse. I have pulled the headliner away from the roof and it can now drip directly into a container, so hoping to reduce water in footwell. I have sealed (duct tape) the sunroof and front half of the roof area above where it drips, to no avail. Any thoughts please? Thank you

The K12 roof trims hide the roof & side body panel joints & are retained by locating lugs, one each, at the front & also at the rear extreme ends.

Removal is easily achievable with the use of two out of date credit/bank cards etc to prise the trims out in the middle of said trims.

Once the trim is raised & free in its middle section, then its possible to pull & slide forward the rear section of trim to release it from the rear locating retaining lug’

Then its is easy to slide push the front of the trim forwards to release it from front retaining lug.

Expect hidden rust under the trim & perished dried out jointing sealant that can crack in the Suns heat (micro cracks) & eventually leads to water leaks in the vehicles cabin down A,B & C roof support columns & down under the floor carpets.

Also applies to the windscreen top & side trims & or rubber seals leak issues.

Good luck & have fun sorting it. :)

cracked_sealer.JPG (630×717) (beardmorebros.co.uk)

Last edited:
The K12 roof trims hide the roof & side body panel joints & are retained by locating lugs, one each, at the front & also at the rear extreme ends.

Removal is easily achievable with the use of two out of date credit/bank cards etc to prise the trims out in the middle of said trims.

Once the trim is raised & free in its middle section, then its possible to pull & slide forward the rear section of trim to release it from the rear locating retaining lug’

Then its is easy to slide push the front of the trim forwards to release it from front retaining lug.

Expect hidden rust under the trim & perished dried out jointing sealant that can crack in the Suns heat (micro cracks) & eventually leads to water leaks in the vehicles cabin down A,B & C roof support columns & down under the floor carpets.

Also applies to the windscreen top & side trims & or rubber seals leak issues.

Good luck & have fun sorting it. :)

cracked_sealer.JPG (630×717) (beardmorebros.co.uk)

Thank you so much, sounds like a very promising reason. I will look into this as soon as it is dry or I can find decent cover!

Shelley

Back