Another happy st owner

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Got a phone call from a lad saying he wanted a bit of work done on his st, was'nt boosting properly due to a broken UFO connection,perished vac lines (and in the wrong place) ,3 split boost hoses and a s/c hard pipe the had 2 drill holes in it??? wtf?
Also the boost gauge didn't work so fixed that by connecting vac line to the inlet:laugh:

Sorted all those things, the most difficult being the UFO which I fixed by melting the plastic nipple back on with a soldering iron.Took the car for a spin and tbh I couldn't believe the power from what I thought was a standard car except for the fujitsubo exhaust. So I rang the owner , he then told me it had a mine's Ecu chip.
Great pull from the s/c because I reckon they lean out the fueling map and add some ignition timing.So while I had the car I checked the igition timing which was at 25 degs at idle which is 10degs advanced so I pulled it back to 15degs because he'd be back to me with a melted piston otherwise.

Took the car for another drive and although it did'nt have the same un-natural pull it was very quick compared to a car with the factory ecu's fueling and ignition maps.

The lad collected the car with a trailer and contacted me the next day and said the car was 100%(Y)

Love these cars!!

Image252.jpg

oh man thats a pretty nice price... in Germany are about 5 sts or so, one was for sale for about 8000€ or more

oh man thats a pretty nice price... in Germany are about 5 sts or so, one was for sale for about 8000€ or more

Glad i got mine for a reasonable price, totally pure luck me getting mine though, Baz seems to have had a few?

Yeah there seems to be a lot of rare cars over in ireland, i bet they don't have any BG Mazda 323 GT's though, super rare. Anyway stop hogging all the ST's ireland!!!!!

Ud be a lucky man to get one like that for 2000 , its not a lucky bag your buying ha ha . :grinning:

hahaha probably not this exact car i meant a standard one that looks like that,we both know you'd pay a bit more for it(Y)

I'm going to start another thread Mick with all the pictures!!

Back