Annoyed at Nissan garage

So I recently bought a nissan micra. Radio needed a code, which the dealer I got the car from didn't have. Decided to pop into my local nissan dealer to see if they could help. Got told I would have to pay £50 for the code. So I said to the guy don't worry I'll just get another stereo fitted. To which I was told I couldn't do that as if I disconnect the factory fitted stereo I'm taking out an element to the immobiliser. He then went on to tell me how people have gone to Halfords and they then get phone calls asking why the car won't start. I think someone is spinning me a line. Seriously annoyed me though not the experience I was expecting to receive. I had the same issue with my last car a renault scenic popped into the main dealer was given a code no charge.

I REALLY doubt the stereo is part of the immobiliser... I've heard of dash clocks being part of the imobiliser like in mk4 golfs but never the stereo...

Well it would be a flee brained idea from nissan to not allow you to remove factory stereo considering the massive aftermarket there is. The unit may be paired to the car and may require unpairing, this is normally only done so you can sell it on. im wondering if you pull the fuse on the stereo same as removing it in essence?? Or just pull the plug and see

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. Didn't think what I was being told was true. Sometimes being a woman has it down falls. But I've managed to get the stereo out and get a code, so happy days.

Thanks for the replies. Didn't think what I was being told was true. Sometimes being a woman has it down falls. But I've managed to get the stereo out and get a code, so happy days.
I think if I got told that I'd complain to trading standards. Lying bar stewards <_<

I'm a girl too so I make sure I at least sound like I know what I'm talking about so I don't get swindled ;)

Back