Amp wiring help

Mat.T

Ex. Club Member
I've just brought this amp of ebay and found someones made a mess of the wiring:
DSCN2199.jpg

so what is what?
red = +ve
black -ve

coming out of the 'hole' there is a
orange wire
blue
yellow
black with brown stripe
and black with a yellow stripe

i'm presuming the black striped wires and 2 of the coloured ones are for the speakers, and one of the coloured ones goes to the hu. can any one help?

cheers Mat

Red: Ignition +ve
Black: Ground -ve
Blue: Remote
Black/Brown: Speaker (+ or -?)
Black/Yellow: Speaker (+ or -?)

Don't know about the very short black wire there either.
Worst case, open it up and take a look / rewire if need be.

Sonic... is blue not remote??? On most amps it is. Please explain. Ta

the remote or the electric aerial wire which I use for the remote on my HU is orange, but mine is an old Goodmans, it might alter from make to make.

What make is that amp and how much did you pay for it?! Looks appauling, almost as if its been stolen from a car as all the wires have just been cut...

Retepetsir those were my thoughts exaclty, the auction only had pics of the other side of the amp and the top view, if i'd known about the shonky wiring i wouldnt have bothered. I questioned the seller and they seem quite genuine but i will be giving then a neg as it was not as described. payed under a tenner so not to bad.........if it works.

blue would make sense as the remote, the lad said he used it to power a sub (the yellow and yellow/black) the orange and orangey-brown/black will be the other speaker. the blue is the only one left out!

Edit the make is 'Boyds'

edit again why cant i edit posts?

Lesson learned my man... e-bay sucks!! and if you want cheap you could do better with a first buy if you search around... besides its ancient as it has wires and not terminals... anyway... hope it works out and sounds alright.

Back