please help, amp problem

last night i was given an 800watt amp. but my headunit doesnt have those red and white plugs, i dont no what these are called btw.
but ive been told by someone on here that i can use the wires for one of the front speakers eg left. by that will act as those little red and white plugs, of course i would have to lose a front speaker to and modify the wire for the amp to work.

please tell me it will work this way!

tbh i would save up for a stereo with preouts... near enough all new ones have them...

might be time to upgrade... put the amp away til you get a better hu...

imo mate :)

the Red and white plugs are called RCA's or Phonos

yes you can use the noraml speaker cables for the respective position of where the amped soeakers are going ie. use the fron left and right for front speakers etc.

there should be a socket on the amp that looks like this:

amp1.jpg

if you go to a car audio shop (not halfrauds as they dont stock the part AFAIK) or maplins etc you need a plug to fit

you could solder phono connections on but the volume from the H/U on those out puts would not be sufficient enought to get a good enough signal.

if you thinking of getting a sub in the future i'd personally save up and get a H/U with 3 pre outs so then you have better audio quality from the H/U and then you can also run a sub properly

so i could use the speaker wires instead of rca/phonos for now, i have alot of things i need to pay for atm, so a new h/u i doubt is possible but i could run it like i said for temp, my two bass tubes, that already have built in amps just have a power and a negative and they just connect to the speakers they arent really that good and take up loads of room

My Blaupunkt HU does not run on RCA it has it's own system made for Blaupunkt systems, grrrrr.

Anyway, visit Hellfrauds you can get some RCA convertors, you piggy back them to the speaker cables at HU then you can plug RCA's into them, run to your Amp and you're sorted.

The Amp should have high level inputs on it as well, which can be used to connect it into your system. Just run some wires from your speakers to the amp.

Some amps have HF out aswell to pass the signal through the amp and back to you speakers.

Back