Alloys! Do I.....

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Ok had another flat tyre last night (4th in 8 months) so gonna be another £85. I was thinking when i put the 15" spare on.....

Do I.... stay with the 18's and possibly go black (will try and do some pics later to see wot it will look like)]

or

Do I go Eurostylee and put my 15's back on and leave it slammed (will be even lower than in the picture due to the chassis being so stiff and the 18's keeping it up) and possibly try and get some deep dish 15's in the future?

Baring in mind the side with the 15's on was catching on the road never mind speed bumps! lol

heres a pic with the spare on

15son.jpg

betterpic.jpg

i would say stay with the 18's mate, i think the car feels a lot safer with the wider tyres and yours are probably wider again, when i had the standard wheels on the car felt like it wanted to slide all over the place. you not thought about gettting that ultraseal stuff inside your tyres to stop punctures?

ide go back to 15's,,and dont worry about traction with coilovers,,especially wen your running it that low

get deep dish 15's, that would look sweet and be realy unique as i've never seen a almera on its arse with 15inch deep dish's

Thats wot i was thinking, too many on 18's at the moment and I dont fancy going up to 19's, the 18' tyres are expensive as it is.

neil, do u not know anyone in the business like who works at kwik fit or out like that? My mate done my sidewall once

Stick with the 18's or possibly drop them down to 17's so the tyres are a little cheaper every time they need replacing lol. :p

if you can afford 18'syou can afford ats cups, that would be sick, an almera on ats cups and on the floor... oh man

that car and bike magic up near wessington way do that ultraseal stuff, there quite often advertised in the echo, im not sure how much it is but im deffo gonna get it done once i get some decent wheels! fair point about the 17's mine were cheap enough you should be able to pick some decent ones up if you have a look about!

ricky!? who is that, im ricardo_swarez, the italion stallion, not to be confused with rocky

and yes BRENDAN, they would look truley pimp

Big_ben said:
neil, do u not know anyone in the business like who works at kwik fit or out like that? My mate done my sidewall once

There's a reason why they don't repair certain punctures.

i dont no specificly why they dont do side wall punctures, but i'd say, thinking logicaly, the side wall never has external pressure acting in on the tire, and so all pressure on the repair would be from the inside->out, there will never be any positive pressure on the repair, also the side wall is the thinest part of the tyre, and since having a crack in anything reduces it integrity substantialy, that would leave the tyre wide open for high speed blow outs

Back