Alloy wheels - bad new comes good.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Had a good feel around the wheels (on full lock) yesterday and it felt like there was clearance for a 16x6, if not for a 16x7. I decided to double-check the width so I took a wheel off to check and found they are 5.5j ET50. These wheels are already slightly bigger than the 16's on the SR and come right to the edge of the wheel recess already so no chance of fitting ANYTHING bigger without serious arch mod's.

Anyhoo, I felt really PO'd until I decided to Google 'Nissan 15" optional alloys' just now. I found quite a cool one called the Onyx that has a slightly retro flavour to it and had a good Google:

Onyx_15.jpg

I managed to snag a brand new one off eBay for £70 immediately (remember, the Police credit union are paying :D for now). The only other ones on the entire interweb are from dealers at around £160 EACH. Needless to say I've logged a scrappy search request with one of those online scrappy search services :).

No mate :(. The 15's on it nearly fill the arches top to bottom and inside to out and they're only 5.5 inch wheels. I actually quite like the Onyx wheels, they have a funky, slightly retro feel to 'em. The oil burner's really my commuting mobile, I still long to get another K11 and slam and stretch it on bling wheels though :).

hiya, ive only just had my wheels fitted the other day and they are 17 - 8j - et 35 and there is no rubbing at all on my inner arch liner. so 16 by 7 should fit spot on!

Back