airbag light flashing

hi!

I need your help. I have a micra k 11 1.3 blues 1999

The other day out of the house walked about 500 meters and the light started flashing airbag in progress.

aI have just two weeks ago that could be? already happened to you the same?

hug

Hello Ricardo. Yes I've had that also, my fix is to simply take the bulb out (!)
Check all the connections first buddy, if all OK it is normally the pre-tensioner faulty.
Just go to the scrappy and change it....should fix it.:)

hey! thank you for your reply!

i have seen the connection under the steering wheel and the ECU connection under the center console.

When You say to "take the bulb out" Which bulb are you refering to? the bulb on the dashboard?

hey! thank you for your reply!

i have seen the connection under the steering wheel and the ECU connection under the center console.

When You say to "take the bulb out" Which bulb are you refering to? the bulb on the dashboard?
No buddy...not those connections, the ones that go to the belt reel by the seat, and behind the pillar cover.
The bulb I'm talking about is the one in the back of the instrument cluster.
If you are in England (?) it will still pass the MOT with it out, you will just get an advisory.

No buddy...not those connections, the ones that go to the belt reel by the seat, and behind the pillar cover.
The bulb I'm talking about is the one in the back of the instrument cluster.
If you are in England (?) it will still pass the MOT with it out, you will just get an advisory.

thanks for your replay

i have seen the connections of the belt reel by the seat, and behind the pillar cover.

turn off the connection from driver and passenger seat clean but the lights continues to flashing.

there is some photos
2016_09_30_18_24_39.jpg

2016_09_30_18_24_20.jpg

Nice collection of fluff there Ricardo - LOL
It is almost certainly the pre-tensioner that is faulty, you'll need to change that Ricardo to see if that is what is causing the problem.
This is what you're after, there are two different ones, but it is only the length of the barrel that is different - so check yours first before you get one buddy.
IMG_20160603_151626_zpsj7gykprl.jpg

Nice collection of fluff there Ricardo - LOL
It is almost certainly the pre-tensioner that is faulty, you'll need to change that Ricardo to see if that is what is causing the problem.
This is what you're after, there are two different ones, but it is only the length of the barrel that is different - so check yours first before you get one buddy.
IMG_20160603_151626_zpsj7gykprl.jpg

Nice one Davy. If it ain’t broke I don’t fix it after 19 years a micra owner driver I never knew that sensor was in the pre-tensioner! ;);)

Nice one Davy. If it ain’t broke I don’t fix it after 19 years a micra owner driver I never knew that sensor was in the pre-tensioner! ;);)
Well thank you plmval......but I think you know an awful lot more than I do buddy.;)
My normal fix for these things is - take the bulb out....LOL

“Improvise, adapt and overcome” any problem in the shortest, quickest most economically cost and time efficient method available is similarly my first choice option. To just let the thing keep going in the original K 10 and K 11 cheap and cheerful way for optimum minimum cost no fuss motoring that it was designed and built for. Long may the K 10 and K 11 saga continue? ;)

Well thank you plmval......but I think you know an awful lot more than I do buddy.;)
My normal fix for these things is - take the bulb out....LOL

Back