Airbag Light Flashing

Well, ive just got back from my driving test, witch was terminated 1 min thro it because he saw my airbag light was flashing, because i have installed a sports steering wheel (and ripped out airbag), total injustice, £62 for 2 mins -.-

But anyhoo,

Is there anyway i can get this light to stop flashing without fitting an airbag?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Well, ive just got back from my driving test, witch was terminated 1 min thro it because he saw my airbag light was flashing, because i have installed a sports steering wheel (and ripped out airbag), total injustice, £62 for 2 mins

Don't really see it as injustice, the rules are clear and you have a copy and agree to them when booking your test, your car was not road worthy and would also fail an MOT with airbag light flashing, no idea why you'd choose to make the car less safe.

However, there are a couple of screws for the steering cowl, and a couple underneath for the dash surround, (lowering the steering wheel if possible will give a bit more room).

Once this is removed, then you can remove the screws for the dash cluster, remove cables, connectors and speedo cable, then you can remove the light for the airbag, then fitting is just the reverse.

Don't really see it as injustice, the rules are clear and you have a copy and agree to them when booking your test, your car was not road worthy and would also fail an MOT with airbag light flashing, no idea why you'd choose to make the car less safe.

However, there are a couple of screws for the steering cowl, and a couple underneath for the dash surround, (lowering the steering wheel if possible will give a bit more room).

Once this is removed, then you can remove the screws for the dash cluster, remove cables, connectors and speedo cable, then you can remove the light for the airbag, then fitting is just the reverse.

The thing was, ive done the test in that car before and i had no issues,

wouldnt i need the speedo re-calibrating after removing it tho?

QUOTE]

i passed an MOT with the flashing light?
PS, Joe, an astra?!!!

mate dis conect the battery tirminals and hold the pos and neg wires together for around 30 seconds it should reset your ecu problems i.e the light flashing, i no it sounds mad but it worked on my punto

p.s obviosly away from the battery.

mate dis conect the battery tirminals and hold the pos and neg wires together for around 30 seconds it should reset your ecu problems i.e the light flashing, i no it sounds mad but it worked on my punto

p.s obviosly away from the battery.

holding them together should do f*** all except leaving u standing in the cold.... and if you disconnect the battery, if you havnt rectified the fault when u turn the car back on, the light will come back on?
what year is your Micra, i may be able to help? (Y)

QUOTE]

i passed an MOT with the flashing light?
PS, Joe, an astra?!!!

Yep, my van has passed its test for the past 4 years (and its an 04 merc vito) with the SRS lamp flashing, as the boss was too miserable to buy all the srs system components, just changed the steering wheel airbag, after HE crashed it!!

Back