airbag light flashing

hi I have a V reg NISSAN MICRA INSPIRATION 16V and had to take the steering wheel off to get to the heating system i have now finished putting it back together but now I have the airbag warning light flashing please can someone help as the mot is due soon thanks

spool ? sorry not sure what you mean don't know anything about cars my father in law bought it for my daughters 18th birthday it came with a Haynes manual heat blower was working but no air was coming from vents so thought I would have ago at removing the dash over the weekend to see what I could do it turned out to be a blocked pollen filter but now have the airbag light flashing so pictures would be very grateful please thanks

frank

Club Member
this little jobbie mate, it will only turn about 2 turns each way (then snaps the ribbon inside)

$_1.JPG

If you've not damaged it, and didn't disconnect the battery on removal or refitting then you will need to follow the airbag resetting procedure.

hi had a friend test the airbag ribbon and all the other connections on the spool but he said everything was all fine I did disconnect the battery before I started work on it and what do you mean about the airbag resetting procedure

This was from another post.
Here is how to reset it:

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.

thanks have checked seatbelt pre-tensioner but still flashing if I got a new airbag ecu from a scrapyard would that work or can I get a cheap diagnostic tool as local garage wants to charge £40 or is that a good price