air induction?

hey im thinking moding my car bit and was wondering what would be best to do i could ither get a bolt on or use my air pan with a k and n and get some piping straight out of the grill
im looking for more performance
any idears?
chaers

lose weight.....lots of it! Chuck out anything you don't need! :laugh:

Maybe you could put on a K&N Bolt on filter? It would look nicer and sound better or you could just leave the old Airbox on there but change the original filter for a K&N one or something like your idea :)

Loads of info on this in the K10 sections, have a peruse (Y)

so the bolt on looks better and sounds better but i would have thought giving my air box a pipe direct out of the frunt grill will give it beter performance as it is getting a direct flow of air insted of jsut being at the back of the engin bay??

what bolt on would u sujest?
the one on rally nuts looks a bit small
iv been looking on the k&n web sight and the r soem pritty good ones ther but iit has got to fit over the carb do u no the what the neck flange is on a k10?

what bolt on would u sujest?
the one on rally nuts looks a bit small
iv been looking on the k&n web sight and the r soem pritty good ones ther but iit has got to fit over the carb do u no the what the neck flange is on a k10?

I really cant remember now...something like 50mm or around that
That bolt on one is perfect for the job

But i did have a replacement filter K&N that you stick in the standard airbox...still get the roar but same power

i would sell you my pan filter if you can wait till after xmas ill give you it for £10 posted its a k&n and its like almost new realy, ( the filter curtis put into it ) :)

On my RS2000 MK6 i have a panel filter and drilled the airbox, sounds good and gives the same performance as a £100 induction kit, which is next to nothing with out doing other little mods.

so i would drill the airbox and replace the filter

i would sell you my pan filter if you can wait till after xmas ill give you it for £10 posted its a k&n and its like almost new realy, ( the filter curtis put into it ) :)

Thats a bargin and you should bite his arm off!!

They are quite expensive brand new!

Yea £35.50 or something brand new and that one is basicaly new when i take it out it looks like its never touched a bit of dirt

Back