ah hate vista me

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
Ok, so non Sunderlanders probably wont understand that but nevermind lol. Im having major Vista problems, I cant download flash it simply wont happen I click download and nothing happens. Windows Live Messenger tells me there is a problem and it can't load so I have to use a webbased version. These are the two main ones there are others too.

My question is.... I hae a cousin thats pretty good with IT, he thinks it will be ok to wipe the laptop of Vista and put XP on it and I was after a second opinion. I dont want to irreperably damage my laptop for the sake of a few problems but its really irritating me I cant use it how I want.

Danielle

Yeah you could probably remove vista and put on XP without a problem. It would probably improve it :)

Are you having problems with flash, say within Internet Explorer or firefox? I've fixed this issue before. The automatic download won't fix anything but there's an installation file on the internet which solves it, just can't think where it is!!

Vista is horrid. It hogs so much power there isnt anything left to run the programs. e.g. I was working on a 10 year old Mac last week with 32mb RAM that was faster than a £1,500 Sony Vaio with Vista.. It takes ages to boot up and is full of annoying features like the UAC box that pops up every time you do anything. Yes you can put XP on the laptop, however if its a new model you may have problems finding drivers for XP. So the operating system would work but not your display, soundcard etc. I would double check with the manufacturer that XP drivers are available before wiping it. Or trade it in for one with XP on it.

if it ever worked you could use a system restore to solve it? or maybe you got the vista dvd with the pc and you can use that for a fresh build. When going from Vista to XP the vista boot manager stays on the MBR and you need to use the recovery console of WinXP to remove it and put the XP boot loader on the MBR. a very easy process thats covered 1000000 times on google. at the end of the day its only software, and software can always be fixed.

Well another problem I forgot to mention is Windows updates stops internet explorer and firefox from working, they both think Im not connected to the net so after some working out i had to stop all windows updates otherwise the net wont work. Flash has never worked and I used to have MSN Messenger 7.5 til they did the pop up box that says u have to update or it wont work at all.

I dont have a Vista cd it was preinstalled on my laptop in the patch where u could only get laptops with Vista they wouldnt sell XP.

The laptop itself is only 5 month old so I dont really want to get another one its a Fujitsu Siemens one (http://www.cheaplaptops.org.uk/pc-world-easter-deals-fujitsu-siemens-amilo-pi-laptop/ this one to be exact).

As for Arnolds question Firefox wont work at all.

The MSN upgrade was universal and wasn't exclusive to Vista, everyone had to upgrade to Windows Live.

I've had Vista installed on my home PC since January and on my new work PC since June and I'm yet to run into any problems on either of them. I turned off UAC on both of them naturally cos it's a mollycoddling piece of rubbish, but other than that I have no problems!

My work PC may be a bit of a beast, but my home one isn't and both manage to run Aero etc fine! I have Home Premium at home and Business at work.

Home PC:
Intel Core2 Duo E6300, 1.5GB RAM, Radeon X700
Work PC:
Athon 64 X2 5600+, 4GB RAM, Radeon X1500

Hi James, I had the pop up on the PC and Windows Live works fine on there, it seems to just be the laptop I have read of otheres having flash problems. I think Ill be seeing my cousin to get it converted to Vista. Thanks to all of u for replying. :)

personally i think vistas useless. big slow and bulky. xp is much more cleaner and quicker and can be customised to look jus a nice as vista but its everyone to their own... oh and thats on a 3 gig athlon 64 with 2 gig of ram and a geforce 6600gt

Vista is an excellent OS and has alot of potential the problem is that you need a pretty hardcore machine to run it at full speed, mines managed ok running ultimate but is slower at somethings than XP, still the voice command system is very very clever, and having the Media extender on the 360 is pretty cool too. its improved alot since its launch.

think back to XP launch times! everyone slatted it to death now everyone loves it, it'll be the same with Vista ;) we love to hate Microsoft :p

my vista home on my dell seems to be running fine, a bit slow at times with certain apps and games in comparison with XP and 2000 but i do like the security side of it. not a thing so far so fingers crossed.

Back