after sum prices. Nsm look pls :)

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
ok so zorst done, next step on purchase list is...

Stinger 4424 ecu
Dizzy (replacement, know ur cheap n reliable nsm)
sr20 T/B (this is usable for n/a rigs right?)
injector upgrade (what inj's to go with sr20 t/b?)
cams (info on what i should get would be great)

forgetting labour, anyone got an idea on the costs? Im guessin 500 for diz, cams 600-700, ecu 1100. no idea on the t/b or injectors.

Anyone with any of these for sale pls pls pls give me a msg on 0416928320 or use my email address on my info.

Thanks.
Pierce

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Pierce WROTE:

black GA16 injectors ?
or if you need bigger, a CGA mani and topfeed injectors are an option
and my 260 deg/10mm lift re-profiled inlet cam was £80 (+ 8 extra stock shims) :)
(pic courtesy of noddie,s blog http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/25060-Noddie-s-K11/page2)

Attachments

• 51905.jpg
    51905.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 34

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
also; I dont have anymore kangaroo problems or gears lacking power or flow problems that i can feel BUT i still have an idle that now either sits comfortably at 1000 rpm or at only 100 rpm. The car will die and i will have to turrn it over and accelerate to get the revs up... Very frustrating... Pls help

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
im looking for 'life of the car' quality and longevity when it comes to the cams, so re-machining isnt an option frank. I guess what im really curious about is who's cheaper, tomei or humphris (already sent a msg to humphries for quote with delivery).

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Pierce WROTE:

"im looking for 'life of the car' quality and longevity when it comes to the cams, so re-machining isnt an option frank.

i,ve done 42k miles in mine so far pierce (in 2,1/2 yrs) with no sign of camwear as yet
(all verified in my blog :) )

frank

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
really? Sounds interesting then frank. Still if i do that then i wont have any factory's left that might come in handy... Cost vs convenience. Guess i will know in 2 weeks. If humphris is under 900 aus landed here than i will probs get them.

CMF_hotfunk67

» CMF Member
Pierce WROTE:

"ok so zorst done, next step on purchase list is...

Stinger 4424 ecu

Dizzy (replacement, know ur cheap n reliable nsm)

sr20 T/B (this is usable for n/a rigs right?)

forgetting labour, anyone got an idea on the costs? Im guessin 500 for diz, cams 600-700, ecu 1100. no idea on the t/b or injectors.

Anyone with any of these for sale pls pls pls give me a msg on 0416928320 or use my email address on my info.

Thanks.

Pierce

have you seen this

https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/50619

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
thanks hotfunk, im already in contact with crumpets about the cams n shims. :)

Having practically no experience under the hood mechanically but able to follow my micra hanes book to the tee and patiently, do u think I and a friend could change the dizzy ourselves? Cuz i was told the labour will hit me for 500 big ones but im tryin to work a budget here...

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Pierce WROTE:

do u think I and a friend could change the dizzy ourselves? Cuz i was told the labour will hit me for 500 big ones but im tryin to work a budget here...

only 2 x 12mm bolts hold the dizzy in pierce, it would pay to lift the cam cover to check the offset slot is lined up ok tho (and scratch some marks in order to fit the new dizzy in the same setting)

frank

Back