after a k12

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
right im 18 in april and im lookin into a car on tick. really want a k12 but not sure yet, any one wanna help me make my mind up lol, also, what do you pay (if finance) and can i mod it etc? cheers for the help guys, ta! :D

R05_Micra said:
right im 18 in april and im lookin into a car on tick. really want a k12 but not sure yet, any one wanna help me make my mind up lol, also, what do you pay (if finance) and can i mod it etc? cheers for the help guys, ta! :D

i got my 160sr on tick ,,first of september and pay £205 per month..but obv you can pay less /more depending on your job and what car you get..and where you buy it from,as they all have different rates and policy

the 160sr is very good car for the money compared to its rivals..and performance is great

all i can say is go test drive the cars you like and talk to the sales guy,he will get the best deal for you! or he will loose out on a sale,simple as that

EDIT: yeah you can modd it but warrany is the issue,, and you have to tell insurance

yeah, lad i know has corsa n he got K'n'N on exaust etc, has took it back to the garage etc, said it was fine but i duno, i see your only 19 rik and it wasnt a problem was it? im hopefully getting a job in a call centre, £1100+ a month.im scanning google now lookin readin reviews as i will have it like 4+ years, what was your insurance like?

no problem at all..just got to produce some I.D where you work and stuff..cant see you having a problem unless you have a bad credit rating

i wasnt even going to buy a k12..i was bored one sunday and e-mailed dixon's for some info and they phoned me at home the same day asking for me to test dive it and they would pay my travel expences ....so i did and ended up buying one

hummmmm, sorry to go one but, what did you ask for? and insurance? ive just been quoted £3000 on a 1.4 SE what was your rik?

my ins is over 2k atm with mods claimed..i have had i quote for 1400 so will be getting that when my car is repaird ,,start of march time

Why don't you see if anywhere has free insurance on their cars? but as already said go and test drive a few types to see which you prefer.( see you sometime thursday afternoon?) :grinning:

i take it you must have a good job aswell lol, so im best off going with 160sr, im only gonna do it if i get this call centre job £1100+ a month

do you not keep in touch with anyone who works at nmuk? might be a few cars for sale. whoever wins the monthly car draw normally always sells it quite cheap . :glance:

rj007 said:
do you not keep in touch with anyone who works at nmuk? might be a few cars for sale. whoever wins the monthly car draw normally always sells it quite cheap . :glance:

just me cusin works there, forgot they do that lol, im lookin into a few cars atm:-

seat leon
citroen C2 VTR/VTS
micra sve/160SR
Corsa Sxi

i no the others are french/spanish but i dunno what i want yet lol, might give em all a test drive!

pity i cant get a car from the "graveyard" at the back of NMUK lol, just get scrapped anyways i heard!

R05_Micra said:
pity i cant get a car from the "graveyard" at the back of NMUK lol, just get scrapped anyways i heard!
Yeah thats right. every now and then when enough stock has built up a "crusher" comes on-site and turns them into a mangled mess! noticed a k11 "blind van" there the other day! few c+c's,almeras,primeras + k12's. some are shells but lots are fully trimmed + have problems that aren't economical to repair. :doh:

Just up my street, are you after new or used ?

I'm starting work for Nissan in a couple of weeks so should be able to help with supply etc and info on finance packages as well...

Is there a PM service on this forum as will be just around the corner. My company car initially will be a Micra (not sure what spec) but as just around corner would be more than happy to meet up and show you round the car etc if need be...

Can have a look into cheap insurance if you wish!

where you at rhaines? id love a job at nissan, good pay and you can get a car, and they just take so much out ya pay, no tax,test, insurance , just pay petrol, granted the car will never be yoyrs but still worth it only about £25 a week or sumthin aint it?

I'm starting down in worksop in a cuople of weeks :D

Love jap cars so best dealership for me, not sure where i'll be living yet as don't know the area but it looks as if it'll either be worskop or sheffield i think, driving up there tomorrow to have a look at places to live!!

If you need a chat about anyhting let me know, I'm on msn so once i get up there always around and available

£25 a week. the cheapest micra was £120 a month but that did include your insurance. can lease a 350z for £450 a month including insurance. but there are age limits on the insurance and sadly you're too young.:p
watch out for shady car salesmen!:slm:

Forgot to say from your finance bit you get a better deal on a new car if you take finance, laws came in a few years ago that said dealers can't differentiate between cash and finance customers and finance gives you more to work with :D

:D at rj's arther daily's :D

find a good dealer, hopefully anyone dealing with me direct will find a decent salesman, thats why i joined the forum, not to sell but learn what the drivers think of the car...

Plus side is that if anyone does buy from me which may happen they know exactly where I will be and if I do cock up guess where my name is going to be plastered :D

your starting in worksop? i live near NMUK sunderland lol, ive booked citrien C2 test drive, its a toss up between a micra and C2 lol

Test drive as many cars as you can, you may be surprised by others you hadn't thought of!!

If your using your old as Part Ex watch how they appraise the vehicle, some don't have a good look etc and won;t get you the best price or 'real price' rather than make up a low figure...

seat leon - consider it, depending on spec.
citroen C2 VTR/VTS - vts is gonna hit you in insurance, vtr is not as good as 160sr/
micra sve/160SR - get 160sr lol
Corsa Sxi - why have you added a 1.2 corsa into a mix of 1.6 ltr 100bhp+ cars?

they will give you finance on most cars as long as you have a good rating or have been working for 3 years. etc

but as people have said look at them all

Unless you have monster problems you can pretty much get finance on any car deal thorugh most dealerships, it's the rate's that change on your circumstances...

Thats just one more advantage of buying from a lrage chain as they get better deals (ie rates) from their lenders and therefore can offer more competitive rates.

got it down to 3 main cars

Ford Fiesta 1.4 Z-Tech
Micra SVE 1.4 (160SR to much insurance)
Citroen C2 Frurio 1.4

not sure yet, im test drivin em on friday i think so ill see then lol

dont get the SVE.

I also have a 1.4 SVE and its rubbish. The interior is not as nice as the Sport. IF you want the 1.4 get it in the Sport or old SX model.

There's really not that much difference between the 1.2 and 1.4 though. I have both and i enjoy the 1.2 more than the 1.4 for some reason.

well ive read the reviews and the 160sr diesel came out better than the petrol, im likeing the sporty look of 160/sport+ the alloys, spoiler etc and its faster than c2, its just insurance, dunno whether to get the 160sr or the 1.4 sport!need help on what model of micra!

1.4se
1.4sx
1.4sport

any help people?

R05_Micra said:
yeah, lad i know has corsa n he got K'n'N on exaust etc, has took it back to the garage etc, said it was fine but i duno, i see your only 19 rik and it wasnt a problem was it? im hopefully getting a job in a call centre, £1100+ a month.im scanning google now lookin readin reviews as i will have it like 4+ years, what was your insurance like?

If you only 17 you cant get fianance

R05_Micra said:
right im 18 in april[u/] and im lookin into a car on tick. really want a k12 but not sure yet, any one wanna help me make my mind up lol, also, what do you pay (if finance) and can i mod it etc? cheers for the help guys, ta! :D

when im 18 lol, just had me brocher thru for k12, and the flame red colour is lush, dunno which model to go for, im going over nissan this afternoon to ave alook!

Which Nissan are you going to ?

As said before any questions drop us a line, will only be 20 mins away from Rotherham from the 20th and will have a Micra as company car, not sure which spec yet lol :D

i think its reg vardy nissan, near NMUK sunderland, bout 5 mins away from the plant. i think we lookin at the fiesta zetec and the C2 furio/SX

right ive been for a test drive and it was AMAZING! i luv the micra lol, im getting a 1.4 sport+ in flame red 3door! i love it, and because my cusin works at NMUK, i get £2680 off a new car! so really gettin it 0% finance and free road cover and extra warrenty! FCUKING LOVE IT!!! :D:D:D:D:D lol

when i was 18 i bought my 1.2 sx(sport) and i my insurance was £1300 with admrial. I then sold that car and bought a newer one when i was 19 and got one years free insurance from nissan. I've just renewed that insurance with Nissan again and its cost me £491 and ive just turned 21. Ask the dealers if they can do a quote for you it sometimes cheaper to insure through nissan.

R05_Micra said:
its just insurance, been quoted £3000, hu you guys with and how old yas? ill be 18 with no NCB on a brand new 06 reg micra 1.4 sport+

I bought a 53 1.2 S and got the years free insurance, but it was stolen and got an 04 replacement. When my renewal came up they tried to charge me a whopping £1500. I'm almost 25 now and my insurance is currently £700 on my now modded 04 1.2 S. I do have 2 years NCB but 2 claims in the last 5 years and 3 points my licence. But hey I'm female so cheaper insurance anyway.

I dont get the hike in insurance these days when I was 21 I had a 309Goodwood (309 gti ltd ed with leather int+ susp and cam upgrade) and I was paying £730 pa fully comp!! there takin the pi*s if you ask me!! (rant-rant)

well after that I wish you look with yours cos the car is a good one :):glare:

Yorkie

If I was to get a K12 it would be this one!!!

Attachments

• marchcrop.jpg
    marchcrop.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 214
Back