About to join the ranks...

inspectorgadjet

Ex. Club Member
Well I'm about to join the ranks of the Micra owners in the South.
I ordered my new Pacific Blue (I was told they have stopped doing Aruba Blue now :()160SR nearly a month ago, and it will be ready to pick up on the 15th (The time is really dragging!!!). I have ordered mine with the leather seats and sun roof, and I have also bought a Pioneer Avic-X1R navigation system to put along with a DAB tuner and6 DVD Changer (The centurion one, not the Pioneer expensive one). I've got a JVC dual FM/DAB beesting that I'm having put on the car too and using the existing FM antenna for my TMC input. (Not too happy about having to put a hole in my brand new car already though).I'll be putting in a Sony Ericsson HCB-700 blueooth car kit at the same time. All of this is going to be done on the day I get the car.
I'm also the one that speedle posted about earlier. I did my best to get them to put the climate control air conditioning in the car, but they just wouldn't have it. It only comes on two of the models, and mine wasn't one of them. So my only minor disappointment with my new Micra is the cream cooker style dials. And me being the gadget freak that I am will really miss not seeing the climate control in the car.
The installer who is putting my nav system in wasn't too sure whether he could get the right fascia to cover the whole left by removing the double din cd changer unit. So if anyone knows for sure that I can get one or has some recommendations that would be great. Also, can anyone confirm if a DVD changer unit will fit in the storage area under the passenger seat? I figured that would be the ideal spot for it.
I just wanted to say hi to all the fellow Micra owners out there and if anyone has any tips or recommendations for what I can do to improve my car, that would be great too. I'm really looking forward to getting the new car next week. :grinning:

hi mate and let me be the first to welcome you! :D, i test frove a K12 at nissan last month (1.4 SPORT+) absolutly loved it! (altho i cant aford the lush extras you can :D!) hope you enjoy it mate and good on ya, and again welcome!

welcome............. another notch for the 160sr :p

the DVD multtichanger should fit in the glove box as its very very big!! also you can get to i when you have a passenger in the car with you,

Thanks everybody. I was recommended to join the site by a friend of Speedle's who is a member of the Cougar club. And I figured it could only be useful to join up. I'm already finding a wealth of information and have lots of posts to trawl through.

is that a light blue you have got?

the only blues i know are the really pale one and the dark one thats nearly purple

Yeah..the pacific blue is the lighter metallic blue.

BTW - If anyone knows much about Pioneer head units, and can confirm if the steering wheel controls will work it or not, I would appreciate the info. I've been doing some reading, and I think they can work but I will need a special cable made by autoleads to do it.

inspectorgadjet said:
BTW - If anyone knows much about Pioneer head units, and can confirm if the steering wheel controls will work it or not, I would appreciate the info. I've been doing some reading, and I think they can work but I will need a special cable made by autoleads to do it.
Yes, but you will need these two things I think:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3515
and
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3489

James

Thanks for that James. I will definitely be purchasing those.
Also, I spoke to the company who are doing my install on Wednesday, and they said they should have the right adapter for the Micra to Pioneer, but being a new car, they might need to 'make it fit'. I'd prefer them not to go chopping up wires and things if possible, so that I can put the original stereo back easily if I need to. Do you think their adapters will work? I wouldn't think that Nissan would have changed the wiring that much in a year.

inspectorgadjet said:
Thanks for that James. I will definitely be purchasing those.
Also, I spoke to the company who are doing my install on Wednesday, and they said they should have the right adapter for the Micra to Pioneer, but being a new car, they might need to 'make it fit'. I'd prefer them not to go chopping up wires and things if possible, so that I can put the original stereo back easily if I need to. Do you think their adapters will work? I wouldn't think that Nissan would have changed the wiring that much in a year.
Do you mean this one?
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1331 :)
Micra (Jul 2000 on)

Hi...

I am also about to order a new Micra (hopefully), and was told the same thing about Aruba blue, which was kind of a big problem for me as that was the only thing I was sure about in deciding what kind of car I wanted, that if it was going to be a Micra then it was definetly going to be that colour. When I finally decided that it was going to be a Micra and decided on all the specs etc they went to check the availability for it and found that Aruba blue wasn't there at all! So I then emailed Nissan UK myself and they said they knew nothing about it being discontinued and that the dealership should contact them... So, anyway, as it stands now the dealer have said that it is still possible to get the car in Aruba blue but it has to be a factory order so it could take up to 8 weeks. I don't know what I'm going to do if they decide they can't when I do finally order as I don't like any of the other colours at all. :doh:
Everyone I've shown a pic of an Aruba blue Micra to says it looks really nice, so why they would want to stop doing that colour I really don't know, especially as there are still 2 very similar light blues but no other dark blue.

Anyway... I'm now also having the same issue as you with the climate control. I had decided on the SVE, but now i'm feeling a lot more tempted by the extra sportiness of the 160SR, and from reading other people's reviews etc of it, the 1.4 engine in the SVE is hardly any better than the 1.2 at all, while using more fuel and being noiser etc, while the 1.6 is actually a lot better. The problem is that I really want the climate control... but it does seem that they have at least made some 160SRs in the past with it, so surely it must be possible? (see my other post here, and the link to the pic on it: http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=7354 )

Why oh why can they not just make a grade that has everything? :rolleyes:

Sorry if I'm rambling on a bit here :p I just found this forum and thought it seemed quite good, and thought perhaps you lot might know something about the stuff I'm trying to find out.

Thanks in advance for any info any of you lot may be able to offer :)

P.S. Can I have an avatar of my car on here? Or do I have to be a paying member for that?

Oh, BTW, I'm also in the south but I'm actually going to be buying my Micra up north as the Nissan dealer I went to up there seemed a lot better than the ones around here :p

Hi Eddy,

I think that in the end, you will be better off sacrificing the climate control and getting the 160SR. The car is great to drive. I love mine to bits. And also, the ESP does make a big difference. I was given a Micra to drive without ESP while they were repainting my boot, and it really felt so different driving.
I must admit that I do still miss having the climate control. The car would be perfect with it.

:)

Back