Question about K12 Automatic

Just bought an 05 1.4 SE Automatic.

My question is "should there be a light on the auto lever binnacle so that you can see in the dark where P R N D 1 2 are?

I am sure we will get more used to it, but both my wife and I are having problems driving at night.

I asked the local Nissan Dealer, and they didn't know, but the Dad of one of the staff has an auto K12, and said there is no light on his....but perhaps the bulb has gone on his too.

If there really isn't one, it seems a surprising omission!

Thanks for any help.

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
hey there welcome to the club! (Y) and i would of thought there would be a light there for automatics however you would never get that in a geared version simply becuase you would get used to it like you said, i would try contacting nissan customer support uk if not im sure someone on here would have an answer for you, good luck and have happy micra days (Y)

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
heres the number to save you searching: 01923 899334
and good luck hope you get it all straightened out!

Morning,

I rang Nissan Customer Services, who didn't know, but took my details and said they would put the question to their "back room" (his words) and get back to me.

Encouraged by Adams's reply I decided I would see how to change the bulb, and managed to remove the plastic housing for the handbrake and gear lever, and sure enough there was a lamp under the PNDLR gauge. Bit fiddly to remove, and a very non-standard bulb (bulbous with a cap on the envelope, presumably to make it dimmer) but with a standard tiny foot. Went to Nissan dealer who looked it up in the parts catalogue. It was not mentioned or illustrated in the exploded diagrams. He gave me a standard bulb which I have fitted. Now waiting for it get dark and see if it is too bright. If it is I'll put some white paint on it.

Thanks again for the help.

I rang Nissan back to cancel the their researches!

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Morning,

I rang Nissan Customer Services, who didn't know, but took my details and said they would put the question to their "back room" (his words) and get back to me.

Encouraged by Adams's reply I decided I would see how to change the bulb, and managed to remove the plastic housing for the handbrake and gear lever, and sure enough there was a lamp under the PNDLR gauge. Bit fiddly to remove, and a very non-standard bulb (bulbous with a cap on the envelope, presumably to make it dimmer) but with a standard tiny foot. Went to Nissan dealer who looked it up in the parts catalogue. It was not mentioned or illustrated in the exploded diagrams. He gave me a standard bulb which I have fitted. Now waiting for it get dark and see if it is too bright. If it is I'll put some white paint on it.

Thanks again for the help.

I rang Nissan back to cancel the their researches!

im sure it cant be too bright for you (Y)