52 plate k11 starter cliks

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
any one help 52 plate k11, when turning the key to start it just clicks, had new battery, new starter, earths cleaned tried earthing the engine straight to the battery, the lights on the dash go out when you turn thr key to the start position, if you put the ignition on and bridge the terminals on the starter it will turn and start the car,

anyone any idea?
@frank @h701micra
thanks
adam

is that the ones that join onto the main harness on the end of the relay box next to the battery?

ill take a look tomorrow its at work, and how come they end up with a dodgy signal wire?

Same reason anything breaks down. Just one of those things. Its getting power as its starting the car. But not enough power through the ignition key

If it starts when bridged but not when the key is turned you've a dodgy signal wire to the solenoid
that would,nt explain the dashlights dimming tho eh andy.
my k11,s (not sure about coilpack k11,s tho) are wired with a constant live big lead from the battery + to the starter, and then 2 smaller white leads, 1 to power all the non starter electrics, and 1 directly to the alternator

Still no further forward with this had fuse boxes to bits played with relays, sometimes it starts others it just clicks

Resistance checks in solenoid wire?
Checked voltage from the starter when cranking?
You definitely have a dodgy/loose connection

a lad at work recons ignition switch, the trigger wire seems ok where it plug in next to the battery but unsuree where the relaay end of it is to check from there,
unsure if @frank may know?

Trigger wire isn't on a relay its just a switched wire from the battery.
It does sound to me like the ignition switch. Its the only weak link. Easiest way to test is to "hot wire" it. Bypassing the switch in the barrel

so by just joinin the wires, a lad at work had the switch to biits sys he couldnt see anything, it seems to work if you turn the key slowly but if you just turn it as normal it dont work,
but i still not sure,

could be cos i wana buy it lol

Its definitely faulty then mate :)
Switch it to 2 and bridge the starter :) if it goes every time like that... dodgy switch

Back