4wd K11C

H'okay hey folks!
I've been looking at a rather large range of idea;s for my micra, mainly because I don't believe in high power through front wheels, but partly because I love 4wd.
I've been looking at diagrams and photo's of people's car's as they've broken them down for kit cars, (and don't get me wrong I wouldn't do these parts myself, get more experienced people with tools to do it) but would it just be the drive shaft running down the center of the car that would need shortening if my donor vehicle were to be say a written off evo viii?
I'd need to extend the wheel arches to accomodate the huge ass tyre's I'm looking at, would I need to clear out some space on t'other side of the tyre if I were to drop it down say 55mm? there doesn't seem to be too much room in there. especially if I'm running some 185's don't want to be rubbing on the wheel arches,
I did toy with the idea of the 4wd off a suzuki swift but looking at it, I'd rather have the slightly heavier pieces, as they are more likely to hold the kind of power I'm gonna give it, has anyone got any idea's this ones been bugging me for months looking for a good mid-way point, but the evo viii has got a good system.
Ta
Al
=D

first off, its going to be easier to change a micra body and put that on an evos chassis than putting evo running gear in a micra.
secondly, the suzuki swift drivetrain is a much better idea. my brother has a subaru justy (same as a swift but with a different badge) and it went very well. currently have the engine and box in the garage due to an AWD fault somwehere after the clutch. the car has lost its front wheel drive. its very confusing because the prop shaft to the rear diff takes power off the crown wheel of the front diff, and the rear wheels still receive power. would suggest there is something wrong with the front diff but its immaculate.

Hi tom,
I was thinking about just swopping the body panels, but it felt like cheating a bit, :S and in the end I might fit the bolero kit to it, just to pimp it out, some steel spoke alloys :p (have to get rid of those cluster lights though).
(I'm really bad at mechanical terminology don't know the real names for things, and sometimes get very confused by a piece that I'm unsure of the purpose of, hence why I feel very lucky to not only have a internet link to some incredible knowledge, but a few understanding friends with years of experience to help me with the actual tasks at hand and make sure that I don't make a death trap.)
Now,that I have warned you, (and in fact I think I may use that as my signature :p) it sounds like it could be an issue with the transfer box(?) maybe forgetting the front wheels can take power too =D been looking at all the options for suspensions and brakes, I really really really want some porsche ceramics, but I have a suspicion that they are miles too big, and would possible rip my chassis to pieces if i were to try and stop dead from a tun due to shear traction any idea's whether there are any to fit out there? I've been trying to use google to search up part specs but lately I just seem a bit incompetent lols

yeah in a normal 4wd fair enouggh transfer box problem. the subaru justy (suzuki swift/daihatsu charade) is AWD. this means instead of a rear drive set-up and transfer box, it has a front drive setup and takes power to the rear wheels through the front diff. it takes the rear drive off the same gear wheel as the gearbox puts it onto. the front diff works perfectly. the only solution we are thinking is that something has stripped inside that we cannot see but still has enough splines to turn by hand but not when theres 60 odd bhp going through them!

in general though, AWD systems are massively overbuilt. they normally have build tolerances so high you can use them just as front (or rear) drives by removing either drive shafts or unbolting the prop shaft.

hmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe a bust cog on said diff? again there should be big yellow flashing warning lights here to warn people do not listen to me, it's mainly crap lol.
I'm one of those who will (and have) sit down with a moped and a set of tools, just for a bit of fun once I start playing i tend to figure out how it all fits back together.just got a set of car ramps an axle brace's for a tenner! score =D

Back