3 point harnesses with rear seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Right, did a search on this but couldn't really find a definite answer!

Basicly, can you fit 3 point harnesses and still retain the rear seats. Could I fit harness points inbetween the peoples legs in the back basicly?

Does anyone know what angle harness points have to be at?

Cheers Joe
:k10:

You will lose the seat directly behind the seat, also it could stop a passenger getting out in an emergency so would fail an MOT. If it's just one (the drivers seat) then you will lose the one seat behind the driver unless you bolt it to the top mount of the rear seatbelt.

Yeah shouldn't be a problem, you can buy snap in harnesses which connect to eye bolts.
That way you can pop them out for the MOT.

That also means you don't have to declare as a mod for insurance. Cos it just happened that you were going to a track day when you crashed....

The harness should be bolted into the pillar in the back, where the current rear seat belts are connected to. This obviously means you won't have seat belts for your rear passengers, and still make it illegal if you ever have anyone in the back!

Ideally with harnesses, You'd take the rear seats out.

No real need if your running standard power. No need for harnesses either!

well i prefer harnesses but i take 3 people to college everyday. i had harnesses in my land rover cause i don't like seat belts retracting on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back