Micra / March Super Turbo to make a comeback!!

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Well I wouldn't take any notice of that concept sketch at all. We all saw what they did to the K12. The concept sketches looked very promising but then they must have all got very very stoned one night, because they agreed on something totally different in the end......which dissapointed most of us at the time.

I would save it for when or IF it is released before worrying about looks or even the concideration of a purchase.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
I dont mind that so much the current K12 front end is hideous lol (sorry K12 owners)

BG101

Ex. Club Member
It's an improvement on the frog-eye K12 IMHO (sorry K12 owners) though the K12 is growing on me a bit I have to say. Mind you, I wasn't too struck on the K11 when it first appeared, having been used to the boxy shape of the K10. :)

BG

I know they will probably change it but theyve already made a prototype

nissan+micra+2010.jpg[

looks like a fiat grande punto
fiat_grande_punto_natural_power.jpg

i just wanted to say i am looking forward to seeing this new car. engine code is HR10DDT 1,000cc.
also HR10DD 1,000cc and HR12DD 1200cc engines, all dual direct injection. the 1.2 estimated 100bhp, the super-turbo is not certain possibly around 135bhp to compete with the abarth 500.
new nissan march model codes X02A and B02A. seems like no longer K11 k12 etc.

linz0577

Ex. Club Member
i hope the super turbo looks more agressive as it should like in the 80s but those days are gone i think.

it will be a fast bubble but its not for me. im retro old school.

Baz

Ex. Club Member
mk2 still looks the best

Mk2??? As in the k11? You put a standard K11 and a standard k10 superturbo and try and tell me the k11 looks better, I would'nt agree and I don't think many people would mate. Some nice looking k11 on here but not in standard form

Im soooo happy that NIssan have decided to do this.

I think its because fiat have done the 500 1.4 turbo and VW doing a 1.0L turbo.

In my honest opinion the new desing looks ******* ****!!!!!!!

I only liked the k12 with the full nismo kit fitted as base models looked far too much like a citreon c2.

If only Nissan look @ the fiat 500 1.4 turbo and shape it similar to that or the Grande punto as said above!

Depending on what the final desing is i may decide to purchase one as i fancy a new car.

And wether or not the uk gets a re-stricted engine compared to Japan and rest of Europe!

I might think about getting one (Y)

Lets just pray and hope for all micra owners around the world that NISSAN do the right thing!!!!

silvia14

Club Member (Trial)
Is the super turbo still happening? The new micra is out now but haven't heard anything other than normal 1200 5 door models being released?

silvia14

Club Member (Trial)
Interesting....... but as stated not really a "sports" model!!

I think a 3 door Super Turbo or Super S is required to compete with the likes of the Fiat 500 and the BMW Mini!!

The Micra has never really looked "aggressive" even with all the different OEM body kits it rarely looked "sporty". The engineers did have moments of brilliance with the 80's st engine but left it at the engine and just raided the parts bin for slightly better brakes...

K11, Super S: over weight 1.3 k11?
K11E had a 1.4
both K11 and K12 saw a engineered v6, but merely as a giggle or rally car.
K12 1,6 finally starting to get somewhere shame about the looks.

K13 has the same young child on crack that the k11 provided, hopefully they match that with some performance to gain some reputation.

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
The Micra has never really looked "aggressive" even with all the different OEM body kits it rarely looked "sporty". The engineers did have moments of brilliance with the 80's st engine but left it at the engine and just raided the parts bin for slightly better brakes...

K11, Super S: over weight 1.3 k11?
K11E had a 1.4
both K11 and K12 saw a engineered v6, but merely as a giggle or rally car.
K12 1,6 finally starting to get somewhere shame about the looks.

K13 has the same young child on crack that the k11 provided, hopefully they match that with some performance to gain some reputation.

totally agree, nissan missed a trick there,

but having said that, don't forget that at least the k11 is really unique in some ways for example:
name a model of car that had a production: cabriolet, 5dr, 3dr, 4x4, estate, saloon, pickup, van, and sport version
also strange, jag, alfa and just weird look alike factory kits.
the k11 makes a class winning base for rally sports
the k11 has been so popular that it was rebuilt in Taiwan instead of the k12, i cant think of any car that has the model brought back by popular demand (other than caterham :p)
the K11 did have a turbo spec, that was the Tommy Kaira ones, but obviously they are really rare
the k11 engine although fairly boring, was still ground breaking, it was the first car of its class to have a double overhead cam, and also a timing chain iirc, it was a lot of poke for a small car. and the ground breaking idea has been a common trait in micras, the super turbo started it, then the k11 with is unique engine, and the k12 was the first small car to come with modern gadgets like fully keyless entry climate control, rain sensing wipers etc.

so micras may not have been race cars all their lives, but still very special cars.

Baz

Ex. Club Member
totally agree, nissan missed a trick there,

but having said that, don't forget that at least the k11 is really unique in some ways for example:
name a model of car that had a production: cabriolet, 5dr, 3dr, 4x4, estate, saloon, pickup, van, and sport version
also strange, jag, alfa and just weird look alike factory kits.
the k11 makes a class winning base for rally sports
the k11 has been so popular that it was rebuilt in Taiwan instead of the k12, i cant think of any car that has the model brought back by popular demand (other than caterham :p)
the K11 did have a turbo spec, that was the Tommy Kaira ones, but obviously they are really rare
the k11 engine although fairly boring, was still ground breaking, it was the first car of its class to have a double overhead cam, and also a timing chain iirc, it was a lot of poke for a small car. and the ground breaking idea has been a common trait in micras, the super turbo started it, then the k11 with is unique engine, and the k12 was the first small car to come with modern gadgets like fully keyless entry climate control, rain sensing wipers etc.

so micras may not have been race cars all their lives, but still very special cars.

I'd tend to disagree with that , the Toyota Starlet fitted with the 4e-fe engine had twin Over head cams in early 1990 and as regards the timing chain setup i think its sounds horrible compared to a belt, wouldnt the servicing benifits

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
I'd tend to disagree with that , the Toyota Starlet fitted with the 4e-fe engine had twin Over head cams in early 1990 and as regards the timing chain setup i think its sounds horrible compared to a belt, wouldnt the servicing benifits

ah fair enough,

i may have got that wrong then, i know the k11 had some kind of ground breaking design, maybe it wasn't the double over head cam, but i am pretty sure there was some feature that set the standard for all small cars.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
all aluminium dohc chain driven electronic fuel injection and 16vavles with a "lean burn" element to it and 2 catalytic converters....
the cg13de is still one of the best engines ever designed. bearing in mind its a child of the 1980's!

porkpie700

Buy & Sell Member
all aluminium dohc chain driven electronic fuel injection and 16vavles with a "lean burn" element to it and 2 catalytic converters....
the cg13de is still one of the best engines ever designed. bearing in mind its a child of the 1980's!

Isn't the CG related to the DOHC Bluebirds and Bluebird Turbo, saw one in a scrap yard a few years back and they do look similar, minus the big turbo and oversized induction pipes of course lol.

RustyCheez

Ex. Club Member
In Japanese Performance magazine this month they have a section on the pros & cons of turbo charging against superchargers and in one little side note they state " Nissan is reliving its March SuperTurbo of 1989 with its new Micra with a tiny one-litre three pot motor kicked up the backside by both forms of forced induction and offering a not insubstanhtial 140bhp!". Hopefully we will see it sooner rather than later.

sadly everyone has done it. nissan weren't first with any of those things.....

a peugeot 306 got rain sensing wipers in '99, and PSAR-V-F (Peugeot Citroen, Renault, Volvo, Ford) have previously produced the best running, most groundbreaking and even original turbo versions of "diesel!" you could get climate control in a high spec mk2 golf, and ok so its merc, but they did keyless entry in the 80s, but didnt have the tech to make it work!