2003 K12 cat removal

Hello everyone and thanks for the membership! I have recently bought a 03 k12 Micra (1ltr) it has some issues which I intend to have a go at sorting out myself, the car suffers with very low power output and will only run with the crank sensor disconnected. The car has been examined by a good mechanic, who has diagnosed that the cat is blocked, hence it struggles on acceleration.
I am reasonably mechanically minded and feel fairly confident that I can remove and replace the cat unit myself. I have looked for a search tool on MSC to see if the job has been previously covered?. Could someone kindly eith
er show me where to look please, or even better give some guidance on the cat removal and any pit falls to avoid? Many thanks in advance for any assistance offered. Regards Pete.

Hello everyone and thanks for the membership! I have recently bought a 03 k12 Micra (1ltr) it has some issues which I intend to have a go at sorting out myself, the car suffers with very low power output and will only run with the crank sensor disconnected. The car has been examined by a good mechanic, who has diagnosed that the cat is blocked, hence it struggles on acceleration.
I am reasonably mechanically minded and feel fairly confident that I can remove and replace the cat unit myself. I have looked for a search tool on MSC to see if the job has been previously covered?. Could someone kindly eith
er show me where to look please, or even better give some guidance on the cat removal and any pit falls to avoid? Many thanks in advance for any assistance offered. Regards Pete.

Think I posted about a while ago. Basically the drivers wheel has to come off,remove the aux belts and then the alternator,then move to the front of the car,undo the exhaust downpipe,then remove the bolts holding the manifold to the block. Drop the manifold and cat from under the car,and then all the bolts from cat to manifold can be accessed to undo. Reversal to refit. Ballache of a job,took me about 6hrs

Sent from my MotoG3 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Back