2 problems, both paint related.

Allan

Ex. Club Member
Problem 1:

Noticed on the front of my bonnets there are tons of small blotches near the front, looks like its been done by a touch up pen, but quite noticeable. Either need a respray or done properly with the right colour. What is a bonnet respray going to be price wise?

Problem 2:

I was in Halfords looking for spray cans but i can't find any in my paint code. is there anywhere that mixes the paint for you? Or is there anywhere on the internet you can buy it?

Think my paintcode was DR4, will have a look under the bonnet again. Same colour as napsters motor. Either way i'm struggling to find it.

problem 1 - get a smart repairer to do the job properly

problem 2 - near me i have a brown brothers shop which will mix any paint with a paint code, its a very good match aswell and its not cheap paint, so far i have done my side skirts arch extensions and a open mouth grill with very good results considering its spray cans

for your paint, you could go to nissan then it'll definatly be the correct colour. It is about £5 odd for a smallish tin though.

Frauds can mix paint even if they dont have it on the shelves. They have thousands of paint codes and the colour combinations to make them up on there computer.

Ems got some silver made up and they used various amounts if black and yellow & other colours to make it, but its an excellent match. Quite pricey tho, £10 a spray can, or £25 a litre

Arnold said:
Frauds can mix paint even if they dont have it on the shelves. They have thousands of paint codes and the colour combinations to make them up on there computer.

Ems got some silver made up and they used various amounts if black and yellow & other colours to make it, but its an excellent match. Quite pricey tho, £10 a spray can, or £25 a litre

im now sceptical of them since i had a red mixed up, and it turned out a wierd brownish colour...i could of gotten a closer match with crayons.

But if Ems has gotten a good match maybe they do actually work :)

Fordy said:
problem 1 - get a smart repairer to do the job properly

smart repairs/cosmetic repairs don't usually cover bonnets or any horizontal panel due to the problem of dust and other airborn particles landing on them. stone chips on bonnets can either be touched in or aibrushed in either way you will still see the chip but it won't be as noticable. the best way to get rid of them completely is to bodyshop it but the price is a lot higher.

p11sr20 said:
smart repairs/cosmetic repairs don't usually cover bonnets or any horizontal panel due to the problem of dust and other airborn particles landing on them. stone chips on bonnets can either be touched in or aibrushed in either way you will still see the chip but it won't be as noticable. the best way to get rid of them completely is to bodyshop it but the price is a lot higher.

didnt know that, i thought they could do anything

problem 1.

i recon the dots are caused by dead insects damaging the paint. their blood is corrosive like in the hit movie Aliens :D if you don't clean them off they leave dents in the paint work... full respray for my bonnet was £50 from a body repair shop. rip off thou :down:

Problem 2.

Like arnold said Hellfrauds mix paint there but the liklyness of the paint being remotly close to your oringanal colour is slim lol

Arnold said:

i went to frauds to get a tin for my car and they mixed it for me. im sure it would be a perfect match if some maroon hadnt screwed up painting it in the first place...

Back