1997 micra panels on 1994?

i am coming up to my 17th bday i will be getting a 1994 micra shape, i was just wundering could i take panels off the 1997 (more modern looking) and put them on the 1994? thanks alot!:wasntme:

I didnt think there was a difference between pre face lifts... the only panel changing you'd need to do would be to fit a post face lift front end.

Why would you want to change them?

They are exactly the same, apart from the Grille.

All K11s up to 1998 have the same panels at the front except for as previously mentioned, the grille.

Thanks for all the input! am i right in thinking that the grille on the 1997 is actually apart of the bonnet and on the 1994 it is a seperate part? would a 1997 bonnet just go directli onto the 1994? sorry if i cause confusion! i don't really know much about micra's as my two older brothers have Supras and Cadillacs, but from pictures they look different (1994 - 1997), also i may be mistaken when i say 1997 i may be refuring to the 1998 or maybe even the 1999, i know there are suttle changes but never the less, there are changes. Thanks!! :glance:

You're talking about a post 1998.

To fit that bonnet, you need to change the complete front end, nothing is the same.

You'll need a face-lift (post 98)
Bonnet
Bumper
Headlights
Wings
And I think the bit which holds the bonnet shut is lower down.

I presume you mean this kind of front end
nissan-micra-98-f3q-st.jpg

To facelift it, you'll need the bonnet catch, and maybe a towing eye as the facelift one's are longer. Also the wiring for the headlights is different and the side repeaters won't plug straight in.

thanks for all the input yet again! sounds like a more expensive job than i first anticipated! i think it may be a while before all of that happends but atleast i have more of an idea, cheers!

Ah yes, Robert will know as he done the opposite conversion, he ent from Facelift to pre-facelift.

Most people prefer the pre-facelift, such as myself.

really? i jus thought the more modern looking the more ppl would like it, i never really thought of jst playing about with what i'v got.

So what mods would you recomend for the pre-facelift?

Audio and an induction kit. Alloys are alright but are an a*se to get on without rubbing I find. Will be picking up another set of 15"s soon so I will see how they go.

im deffo putting audio in! and an induction kit will be the first to go in:p im thinkin of one 15" sub in a ported box, should be naughty. Cheers for the input lads!
P.S ollie will yu upload a pic of your open mouth front grille, defo sumthing that i will be considering! Thanks

Back