1996 NVCT faulty does anyone in where it can be fixed?

CMF_daveg

» CMF Member
Hi

I have a 1996 Micra SLX with the NVCT auto-transmission there was a click in the auto 2 weeks ago as I slowed right down around a corner to park the car and it then ran really rough I checked under the bonnet and it seemed ok but then would not start in park but would in neutral but I could not select any gear.

RACV towed it my local mechanic said a selector jammed and the nvct belt gizmo got damaged he got a 2nd hand assembly (the little box the nvct gears/chain are in) put it in the car but it's not right.

He just told me in park that sometimes drive can be selected then he stops then it won't go into gear from park, turns it off and on then it will ..... (there was something else but I've forgotten) he is asking around for a solution but he suggests locating a 2nd hand nvct might be the only way for him.

Does anyone know if there is someone in Melbourne that can fix a faulty nvct (I haven't tried Nissan dealers as they
be expensive) trouble is the nvct is great to drive but too few were sold to get auto-transmission places up to speed on them.

So does anyone know anyone that knows a thing or 2 about the NVCT transmission ?

Regards from David

Back