160 sr induction kit

L

LEEROY_UK

Sorry i know this has been done a while back but deos any one know if theres a kit available yet or if anyone knows if theres one in development?
I know k&n are looking for a donor car but as ive said before its the other end of the country for me or else id be up for it .Any takers?

Titch said:
......still looking for a donner car :)

salad and sauce?! lol

wasnt there one made a while back? or was that one for a 1.2? i cant remember personally but i know one WAS made...

I know someone arranged to have it made but they were unable to go and get it done.

Arnold said:
I know someone arranged to have it made but they were unable to go and get it done.

yeah it was me..wasnt worth the trip for a £25 cone filter tbh

i put the money towards better things..see avatar ;)

panel filters are known in japan to be better than a cone on a k12. Thats why nismo, blitz, HKS etc havent released one.

the idea is you put the new panel filter in and feed a cold air feed pipe into the box replacing the std intake pipe. Was proven to be more effective on a 12sr than adding a cone.

trying to find the site now but its in jap.

nismo_k12 said:
the idea is you put the new panel filter in and feed a cold air feed pipe into the box replacing the std intake pipe. Was proven to be more effective on a 12sr than adding a cone.

trying to find the site now but its in jap.

yeah needs bigger or another intake to make it better

now then you northern SR monkeys ...

when is one of you gonna drag yourselves over to Warrington and loan yr 160SR to the K&N development team?!?

they would only need it for a couple of days initially... would loan you a courtesy car whilst they spec the component ... and you'd get it all free of charge! (including the first off-the-production-line part)

surely someone is eager out there!? Rik? i've earmarked you!

yeh please rik theres a lot of hopes resting on you lol please dont let us down again :down:

1.if i wanted one i would go
2.if your not going do to somthing yourself dont ask others to do it
3.whats the fuss abot k&n? get another one, (BMC make good ones)
4.why me?
5.let down...haha

someone look at the design of the airbox on a 160sr and then look at a renault clio 1.5 dci airbox notice they are the same?? maybe a clio 1.5 induction kit will fit?

that's the spirit old boy!
oh it's alright i looked into it.
according to these forums- october last year you sounded super keen, all booked in to visit? etc... but i guess you were just chattin edited to gain some precious rotherham kudos!

banksy said:
that's the spirit old boy!
oh it's alright i looked into it.
according to these forums- october last year you sounded super keen, all booked in to visit? etc... but i guess you were just chattin edited to gain some precious rotherham kudos!

grow up..i dont need a k&n so why would i want to go for one?

i was going to go yes,but i decided it wasnt worth the cost in fuel and the loss of my time for a £20 cone filter. O.K?

nismo_k12 said:
i dont like k&n.

best off hooking cold air feed and replacing the filter. You'll get better results.

agree 100%

also thers loads more options to improve the air intake on the 160sr without the k&n.

i get what your saying.

air filters is air filters so something less restrictive is easily installed. how do i establish the ..density of these components compared to each other?

yep i agree - the air pipe that feeds from the bonnet lip is kinda poxy. so anything that catches more is gonna improve the situation.

as for this cold feed - are you suggesting additional intakes from ground level? like something snaking up from the ground spoiler?

sounds like fun either way. could you guys suggest good places to buy materials for DYI components?

ta very much

banksy said:
i get what your saying.

air filters is air filters so something less restrictive is easily installed. how do i establish the ..density of these components compared to each other?

yep i agree - the air pipe that feeds from the bonnet lip is kinda poxy. so anything that catches more is gonna improve the situation.

as for this cold feed - are you suggesting additional intakes from ground level? like something snaking up from the ground spoiler?

sounds like fun either way. could you guys suggest good places to buy materials for DYI components?

ta very much

try samco hoses and stainless tube for the intake..they would look cool but an old flexi pipe from B&Q or homebase would work.
the problem with having pipe from ground level is the amount of road dirt/dust you will get up the pipe.

i know ther isnt much room in the engine bay..so my plan is to put the battery in the boot and make my own heat shield for the filter,and then it will be at the front of the car and will get loads of cold air from the grille

but this is just my little plan and wont get round to doing it for a while...got better thigs to be getting on with

Back