12" or 13" Rims and Front Grill question

Hi there,
I'm looking for wheels like this for my 1990 1.0L Micra can anyone confirm if they are 12" or 13" rims...Also can i fit the same grill (mine's got a faded face lift version)Thanks

Nissan_Micra_82-92_30.jpg

Judging by the tail end of that 3door, I'd say they're Foreign, non-EU models, as there's no Fog Light or Reversing lights. Those wheels look like 12's that were fitted to all Phase One K10's.

You can fit K11 Steelies, which, when completely black (i.e with no rust), give a much better ride as I've found out, and look the ######## with the chrome centre cap and wheel nuts.

Also, if you have a phase two grille, you cannot retrofit a P.1 grille without changing the bonnet and headlights.

Stu.

Those are pre-facelift k10 rims which were standard on all micras of that era in all parts of the world, and they are most definately 12inch. They will not fit the facelift k10 as the facelift has larger front break disks, that's why they upped the size to 13inch. If you want to fit the pre-facelift grill then you will also need to fit the pre-facelift headlights and bonnet as they are different shapes and sizes and don't go together without moddification.
Best thing to do with you faded grill is to t-cut it (best done off the car if you can), then polish it and it'll come up like new. I've done this with three grills now, 2 reds & 1 blue.

Stu thanks for the reply....Arer you saying the k11 steel wheels are 13" and a perfect replacment ? Porkpie i will do that i'll take the grill off to do.

Cheers so far

Those are pre-facelift k10 rims which were standard on all micras of that era in all parts of the world, and they are most definately 12inch. They will not fit the facelift k10 as the facelift has larger front break disks, that's why they upped the size to 13inch. If you want to fit the pre-facelift grill then you will also need to fit the pre-facelift headlights and bonnet as they are different shapes and sizes and don't go together without moddification.
Best thing to do with you faded grill is to t-cut it (best done off the car if you can), then polish it and it'll come up like new. I've done this with three grills now, 2 reds & 1 blue.

1. The rims will fit the facelift, I have an prefacelift with facelift brakes and they have the same dimensions. (Prefacelift with facelift vented discs)
2. You are right with the grill.

Vented? They're just simple solid disks, in the uk anyway. When i first got my facelift it had the 12inch pre-facelift wheels on the rear, i did try to put them on the front once but they hit the brake calliper so i replaced them with 13inch facelift rims. I couldn't use the same set of wheel covers either, different sizes so it looked odd :doh:

esox; yes those are k11 13inch rims which are a straight swap with k10 ones. I am currently running two of those wheels on the back of my own k10. Why are you changing your rims by the way? Are the rims not sealing properly with the tire? I had that problem with one of my origional rims due to heavy corrosion. Or are you just after some cheap tires for it :p

porkpie : nothing wrong with wheels but the trims are awfull and the wheels beneath them are even worse.I really love the retro look of the first picture i posted but i dont what to drop down to smaller wheels.Can you confirm are the K11 13inch rims the same tyre as the K10 13inch rims ? You mentioned a cheaper tyre.Well if the K11 tyre is cheaper than the K10 i'm well up for that.Thanks for yourr helps so far.i have just got my Micra so learning as i go.I'm sure you'll find a few posts dotted around from me :blush:

the prefacelift grille will fit with the facelift lights and bonnet:

//i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/corsab8v/K10/DSC02700.jpg

Can you confirm are the K11 13inch rims the same tyre as the K10 13inch rims?

They both use identical size tires, they are a standardized, universal size rim. When i said cheaper tires i meant were you just wanting to pick up some k11 rims with good tires on for like £5 each instead of putting new tires on your existing rims. My last lot cost me £27 each new, from TitFit :p

My rims were shabby, but i just sanded them down and sprayed them with nissan metallic starburst silver, then put the k11 centre caps in the middle. They came out really nice i thought.

46571_429740664871_839509871_4645237_5578502_n.jpg

But eventually i put some GS wheel trims on;

45415_429740769871_839509871_4645240_8056175_n.jpg

Porkpie thats just the retro look i'm looking for....Just need to find the wheels.Great work that i have the GS trims on mine now but i dont like em. Cheers

Porkpie thats just the retro look i'm looking for....Just need to find the wheels.Great work that i have the GS trims on mine now but i dont like em. Cheers

Cool, don't bin em though, they're hard to come by. Clean em up and keep em for when the wheels catch rust again, or stick em on ebay. I travelled round 5 different scrap yards and clocked up nearly 30miles looking for my trims, and as sods law would have it i found two cars with those trims in two different scrappies, and both had one smashed trim. So i took the three good ones of both cars and put the 4 best ones on my car, always good to have some spares.
I did want the little button centre caps origionally, but again they're hard to find. But the k11 ones i had kicking around in a bag, so i figured "screw it i'll use these". Had to moddify the holes on them though because they wouldn't fit over my nuts, that's right they're the bigger ones :laugh:

Back