1.6 throttle body machining

59 bhp is more than enough

Deactivated Account
i think on micraholics ive seen a guid on how to machine holes in the throttle butterfly spindle of the throttle body. why should you do this and what are the benfits. i can figure it out. also is there anything i can do to it to increase performance slightly. as in polishing the inside to aid air flow etc. also is there anyway i can fit it without having the remove the idle controler. like putting spacers underneath so it misses the fuel rail. also ive read somewhere that this can aid in power gains. any help would be muchg appriciated. sorry fot he bad grammer and spelling im a wee bit drunk

there was no guide about machining holes in the butterfly spindle, there was one about safely removing half to gain airflow.
its an old modification, with a questionable improvement.

You can use 4mm spacers to makt the throttle cable avoid thi injector, I didnt like this mod myself.

I was using the 1.6 TB and did feel that it made a good diffrence. But the engine don't really like it and you'll have trouble getting the idle set up on it.

If you were using it for a track day - the yea do it, but daily driving can be a ##### with it.

i was the opposite to titch, i found that it worked better using stock TB/ECU. Just try it and see what you prefer i guess :)

I've never run with the diffrent ECU also - so can't say.

When i was in Chies car his ran ok, and seemd to idle.

And his was mental fast lol

Back