1.5 DCI idling speed

Not really, I've only had mine a few weeks but it idles at 800. I connected the OBDII reader to it the other day and it was scary - 800, 800, 800, 801, 800, 800, 799, 800, 800, 800, 800, 800, 800 - you get the picture. Have you checked to see if it's throwing any codes :) ?

No, as I said I only bought it today so I haven't had chance to do anything and I bought it from a garage who have sold it at trader price so it is without warranty so if there is an issue I want to let them know as soon as possible.
Is yours a 1.5 dci too?
Thanks

No, as I said I only bought it today so I haven't had chance to do anything and I bought it from a garage who have sold it at trader price so it is without warranty so if there is an issue I want to let them know as soon as possible.

Sorry I didn't mean to do that, also it is really sluggish and seems to have no power, is that normal? I though the DCI would be quite nippy.
Thank you

What HP is yours? Mine's the 86PS model which is 85HP, it's quite nippy when the turbo kicks in.

I think mine is the same one, I have just sold my 1.4 vw polo tdi for this and that one was a hell of a lot quicker which made me think that there might be a problem with this one, I mean my mums megane 1.5dci is a hell of a lot nippier than this.

I'd deffo check if it's throwing any codes. You can get an OBDII blue tooth unit for £15 off ebay and a code reader app for your phone for a couple of quid. I believe these engines can eat turbos. I always leave mine to idle for a minute when I start it to allow oil pressure to build and idle it for 2 or 3 minutes before shutting down to allow the turbo bearings to cool :).

What year and model is your Micra Jade?

My dci is fast, idles as it should apart from the rev needle surging when the engine is cold, but only in cold weather. I might have a leak in the air intake need to check it out.

Mine does use oil though, need to top it up every 3 months.

Back