1.2 auto > manual gearbox conversion?

hi guys, nothing wrong with my autobox BUT its kinda the crunch point, if i had a manual i would definitly keep the micra but the fact its an auto just rules out a lot of future plans i have for the car, so basically was just wondering if the block has any different bits for the manual/auto box (as i had troubles with old minis in the past with that) and what would i need? obviously box/clutch/pedalbox/slave cylinder etc...would driveshafts fit? not even sure if its all worth it but if its a case of doin it for a few hundred i might give it a crack! engine is so good and low mileage in mine i want tokeep it if poss!

auto to manual is quite an easy conversion in a k19, providing you have all the bits. ideally you would want a complete donor car, second best option is a very local very friendly scrapyard.

the main bits you need are the
gearbox (obviously
rear and gearbox side engine mounts
gear linkage
flywheel
clutch
clutch cable
peddle box from inside the car

there will be tonnes of other little bits and pieces, nuts and bolts etc. but ive only listed the big bits

the manal and auto engine is the same block so you will have no problems mounting the manual gearbox

I have a perfectly good 1.2 manual box and should have all the mounts with it too if your interested... Its not a bad conversion at all really. The only other thing you will need is a pedal box and clutch cable.

thanks for the info guys :) looks like i'll tackle that after chrimbo then, cant afford it at the mo!!! will probably look for a donor as could do with a wing and a few bits too, but ed if that box is still gathering dust by then i may pop up and take her away!

Hi there,

I'm a newbie so I need your help on this one!

I have started my MA10 gearbox conversion (I was fortunate to find a manual K10 donor) yet I 'm facing a lil' problem with the flywheels swap. The auto flywheel centre bore is larger than the manual one which does that the manual flywheel doesn't fit on the auto crankshaft.

I've browsed thru the whole forum thing and it seems that none of y'all have experienced this. how come?

Cheers

I'll show you some pics soon.

Hi everyone

I did manage to sort out what was bugging me! it was just a flywheel adapter for auto flywheels which are lighter and have a bigger centre bore! dead easy to remove.

Back