K10 with K11 16v twin cam engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
How hard would it be to put the very quick, 1.0 16v twin cam micra K11 engine into a K10??

What modifications would have to be made to the engine bay and eveything??

thanks curtis

The amount of effort it would take you would be better off putting a better bigger engine in!!

You would need loom, ecu, custom mounts, custom shafts possible?.

A lot of cost and effort for little gain!!

Personally i think its a fantastic idea.

i had the idea when someone said that their 1.0 K11 beat a 1.6 jetta. so i though if i put the same engine in my k10 it would give it better performance than any engine would!:p

Personally i think its a fantastic idea.

same here, but if you're doing the 1 litre you may as well do the 1.3, it would be a fast little car, 75 bhp with the weight of a K10, even less weight if stripped out.

been floating about for ages this idea the CG13 would be a great engine for the k10, the front and rear engine mounts do line up so im told as the k11 uses very similar mounts to the k10, gear linkage should be a close match too im not sure on the other 2 engine mounts tho, if you got the cg13 running on say twin webers it would be a very easy engine swap as you wouldn't have to ###### about splicing bits of the wiring loom and that together ;)

sounds like it could work then, well ill look out for a K11 and update when its been acquired!:p

aye i thought that one might that would just leave changing the drivers side mount, which would be easy, if you are really lucky the drive shafts might work as well, i know for a fact the k11 and k10 drive shafts have the same splines so the k11 ones will fit into the k10 wheel hubs, although you may as well uprate the brakes to k11 ones while your at it ;)

yeah good point! ill up rate the suspension as well, the insurance company is gonna love me:p

aye if you do it make sure you post a how to ;) i'd definatly want to do the same but i'd like to know the problems before i start :p

awesome stuff, go for it :)

I liked the CG13, drove a mates K11 years ago, strong revver it was :)

Is it a cast iron block or all alloy like the MA?

I'll never do it, but its the conversion I'd pick if I had the cash- with some nice throttle bodies on there :)

Same here, but i got as far as owning the CG13 until selling the engine / box and ecu to ollie!

you crazy fool! you should have done that the cg13 would be the best conversion for the k10 as it wouldn't adversely effect the handling characteristics of the car like a heavy sr20 or something...

i hope someone does this soon :).... ooo a cg13 on bike carbs..... now thats a good idea!

Do it, you could prob get the K10 and the engine for ~£200 and then another £200 for consumables (if you an weld) - surely you wouldn't lose money on it?

I've got one for £100 if you want it? Will you need the g'box too?

yeh thats sounds like a plan!! well my K10 engine is out and its ready!

Thanks for the offer craig:), but ill have a look around for abit, but i will consider if i can't find anything....

can someone try a k11 front shock on a k10 please i kneed to know if the bottom to holes are the same as the one on the k10 same height and everything and also would the spring fit the k11 strut

yeah the bottom holes are the same on the k10 and k11 struts although not 100% sure about rest. Surely if a 1.3slips straight in a 1.6 will with pretty much the same mods as on the k11??

can someone try a k11 front shock on a k10 please i kneed to know if the bottom to holes are the same as the one on the k10 same height and everything and also would the spring fit the k11 strut

I can measure a K11 strut if that is of any use?
Craig

as ive said many times k11 shocks fit the k10 i know i've seen it in the flesh

ok another engine which i saw in the scrap yard the other day was a Nissan cherry 1.4 turbo!! I know that means chaging everything, like mounts and linkages, but that would be nice!!:p

what you think?

i believe the cherry turbo lumps are 1.5 mate, Umar has done this conversion on his K10 although he isn't on the forums that much may be worth sending him a PM to get some more info. its quite a common conversion on the k10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back