K11 Boot Light???

M

Mike5483

Hi,

Im new here and although I dont own a Micra, my cousin does.

Lovely little car, but a very basic model (P reg, 1.0L bottom of range).

She goes out a lot and has stuff in the boot which, at night is difficult to see.

She has asked me if I could put a light in there.

I'd like to know if the later models had a boot light and if so, where is it fitted and where does the switch go???

Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any info you can give me,

Mike.

I've got a light (97 GX) at the right hand side of the boot, I think it's set off when the boot hatch catch isn't touching the latch

the switch is in the latch in the tailgate... it is a single wire that connects to ground... it should be there even if it doesn't have a light cos it is too much effort for nissan to make two different types of lock... the light is in the wall of the boot on the right hand side... but its pants, i wired a neon to the bottom of the parcel shelf insted...

Ok thanks fellas.

I am going to get a light and see what happens.

They seem quite hard to get hold of, ive rung a few scrappies and none of the micra's have had a boot light.

Anyway, thanks once again.

Little update on this.

I fitted the light today, but it didn't work.

So I stripped the hatch down and found that the switched earth from the light is taken into the tailgate, but where it plugs into the tailgate sub loom, the cable does not exist in the sub loom.

There is no spare cable floating around in there and I took the latch out and could not see where it could connect.

Im a bit stumped not to be honest!!!

Back