Microcontrollers/Electronics

zanes

Ex. Club Member
Right, I've made this thread, as the Rev Limiter thread, although interesting, was getting a bit long, and the scrum down was getting distracting.
Anyway, I figure any general electronics/microcontroller stuff can go in here, if it dies it dies. Let Geekery begin!

I was envisaging a more non-car related electronics thread, but I guess whatever comes is welcome. From the other thread, what's a allen bradley plc?

have you done anything on plc's?

and allen bradley pls is a plc made by 'allen bradley', if that makes any sense?

plc's are expensive, in comparrison to pics, but can do so much more, i work for a control systems company as a trainee control system designer 2 days per week, im only at college 3 days, and all we use are plc's.

Urgh! Systems and control (one of our modules) is not fun! Definitely not an area I would like to go into.

Really? Everything is about systems and control. ECUs for example. Its a huge subject that all electronics can fit into.

Well, our module is basically all about the control of DC motors. Liking the rest of my course, it's just a bit of a drag.

zanes, to be honest ive worked where i do now for 2 years and its not that bad, sometimes it can be quite interesting

The h-bridge is fine, as there is no feedback atm. It's the maths that comes with closed-loop control I do not like, especially when we have to design something to meet a specification, ie. a certain rise time and steady-state error,

Lovely lovely lovely, I'm just coming to the end of my engineering degree! I quite like it to be honest :)

Just finished an assignment using assembly for an MPC823 PowerPC (painful) and also completed a project using a 672-pin FPGA (more complex programmable logic).

Back