Finding a permanent live?

T

The Visitor

You'll see from my earlier post that my friend had stereo problems after connecting the battery the wrong way round on his wife's micra.

It turns out (after buying a new CD player) that its actually the wiring thats gone. Fuse is OK but the clock and the stereo permanent +12Vs have gone.

I need to either work out why (anyone?) or possibly much simpler - find an alternative permanent +12V.

So where can I find the closest permanent live to the stereo thats easy to connect to and beefy enough to power the stereo. And ideally on a different circuit to the clock and the original stereo live - otherwise that may have blown too. If anyone can tell me where to find a suitable wire and what colour it is that would be great.

Thanks.

Phil.

Yep - I think that might be the only option unless anyone knows of one already inside the cabin?

it doesn't need to be a beefy one as it only saves the stereo memory. it's the ignition wire that powers the stereo.
have you checked the fuse?

yeh mate decide how you want to power your stereo...

but remember if it hasnt got permenant live feed from batt... will not retain memory i.e. radio presets etc...

silver_si said:
it doesn't need to be a beefy one as it only saves the stereo memory. it's the ignition wire that powers the stereo.
have you checked the fuse?

Its a Goodmans unit and the fuse in the permanent live feed is 15 amp but the fuse in the ignition feed is only 0.5 amp. Just made me think it drew its main power from the permananet even tho the ignition feed is used to turn the unit on ???

Back