Wtb manual box

CMF_bmdubu m3

» CMF Member
LowMicra WROTE:

"Are you sure you need a gearbox? Or just a $20 bearing?

This box is actually for me. You have me curious about this bearing your talking about. Mate gearbox is noisey as hell sounds like a dog box or straight cut gears. Any info you have will be greatly appreciated. Heard you can possibly bolt up a pulsar box or Nissan example box. Is there any truth to this?????

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
bmdubu m3 WROTE:
Heard you can possibly bolt up a pulsar box or Nissan example box. Is there any truth to this?????

uk n15 ga14 almera,s have the same RS5F30 g/box as ours, and members on the aoc have fitted the pulsar RS5F32 g/boxes, the driveshaft splines are bigger tho i believe

CMF_bmdubu m3

» CMF Member
Thanks for the info guys will look into.
I'm just stuck ATM and no one seems to have one.
Not only that the wreckers that do have quoted me from
550 to 1250 for second hand box... WHHAATT THE!!!! I got a 2nd
Hand box for my BMW M3 for less than 1200 and no offense the micra is no M3........

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
bmdubu m3 WROTE:

"This box is actually for me. You have me curious about this bearing your talking about. Mate gearbox is noisey as hell sounds like a dog box or straight cut gears. Any info you have will be greatly appreciated. Heard you can possibly bolt up a pulsar box or Nissan example box. Is there any truth to this?????

Nissan Exa box requires a new engine mount or some reasonable changes to the original mount and to get the starter motor to line up with the micra flywheel, an adapter has to be made so that it will line up when the solenoid kicks in. Driveshafts will be a direct bolt-up, though.

---dens

Back