WTB K11 Super S QLD (Bris)

CMF_PLZ818

» CMF Member
Hi guys an girls im in need of a small car im a nissan by heart so a k11 is what im looking for. the super s is what im after cheers guys!!! iv got 3k to play with an would like to see change cheers!

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
PLZ818 WROTE:

"really? hmmm figured i was getting ripped off? hmm are they that much better then the normal 3 door? i.e. is therea big difference apart from kit an badging?

Abs, sunroof, disc brakes all round, interior is a bit more sporty haha

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Super s is a massive step up from slx Lx haha

And $3k is pretty cheap if you can find one, could always ask some old man that's driving around in one that's not off here and knows nothing about them

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
That car for that price with the extra mods is pretty good.
The dizzy has been replaced and that's something that tends to go as these cars get a bit older.
It needs a little bit of work but a lot of it you could do yourself and get help from this site.
Many many threads and article on repairs and diagnosis.

Look for:
Any gearbox whines or crunches.
Any variations when at idle could mean the throttle body is in need of a touch up.
Any hesitation under accelration
any oil/fluid on the join between the engine and gearbox (it will mean you need to get the rear main seal replaced...)

also read this:
http://www.micra.com.au/technical-articles/nissan-micra-common-faults.php

and this
http://www.micra.com.au/technical-articles/buyer-beware.php

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
PLZ818 WROTE:

"this is what i found in my area

<a href="http://brisbane.gumtree.com.au/c-Ca...NOT-MANY-IN-AUSTRALIA-RARE-W0QQAdIdZ337934489" title="http://brisbane.gumtree.com.au/c-Ca...NOT-MANY-IN-AUSTRALIA-RARE-W0QQAdIdZ337934489" target="_blank">http://brisbane.gumtree.com.au/c-Ca...NOT-MANY-IN-AUSTRALIA-RARE-W0QQAdIdZ337934489</a>

any ideas of how good , bad on looks would be mint my last two cars where bad idea's so what should i look out for?

Doesn't look to bad that's a member on here, and few cons on the list

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
RTK WROTE:

"Super s is a massive step up from slx Lx haha<BR><BR>And $3k is pretty cheap if you can find one, could always ask some old man that's driving around in one that's not off here and knows nothing about them

massive step up?.....meh more trouble more like it...stick with the normal slx or lx. Go for the series 2 if possible. Forget the super s they are not worth it.

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
sr20micramike WROTE:

"RTK WROTE:

"Super s is a massive step up from slx Lx haha

"</div>

Really?? id take drum rear brakes over discs/rotors anyday,and as for the other extras its not worth the extra cash you pay,get a 1.0 litre and sr16ve the sucker :)

i agree... super s isn't that different compared to a lx really - who gives 2 ****s about ABS (both mine have had ABS removed), rear disc axle is easy enough to come by (with patience) if rear discs are important, front bar with driving lights that u'll never use are purely aesthetic, sunroof is additional weight, super s seats really aren't that much "sportier" than lx/slx varieties, plenty of tachos available to wire in... etc, etc....

CMF_sr20micramike

» CMF Member
i agree... super s isn't that different than a lx really - who gives 2 ****s about ABS (both mine have had ABS removed), rear disc axle is easy enough to come by (with patience) if rear discs are important, front bar with driving lights that u'll never use are purely aesthetic, sunroof is additional weight, super s seats really aren't that much "sportier" than lx/slx varieties, plenty of tachos available to wire in... etc, etc....

im gunna plus one this aswell while im here....come to think of it, the tacho is probably the ONLY thing good about a super s. and led rear lamps off a super t....win!

CMF_sr20micramike

» CMF Member
my super s i sold last week before returning to syd! :-(

005-4.jpg

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
PLZ818 WROTE:

"Meh I'll get a 4 door they common enough to be cheap found one for $800 just needs rego an a plus its red ;)

You will be looking at $500 for rego and stamp duty for 6mths, plus whatever problems it's has, you can always throw the super s front bar on it :)

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
Meh its down to personal opinion really, I love my super s's and wouldnt trade em for an lx any day of the week, plus the added bonus of being a rarer car. ABS has saved my ass on numerous occasions ;)

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
RBLUV WROTE:

"Meh its down to personal opinion really, I love my super s's and wouldnt trade em for an lx any day of the week, plus the added bonus of being a rarer car. ABS has saved my ass on numerous occasions ;)

Rarer car = yes probably because when new they cos an arm and a leg more than the base model with minimal if any better equipment than the base model or similar model from other company, hence noone buys them. Thats why they stop selling micra in Australia.

ABS = u really think on a car that weight 800kg with barely enough juice to spin the wheels would required abs? "ABS has saved my ass on numerous occasions" need to do more defensive diving lesson.

CMF_RBLUV

» CMF Member
Mimz WROTE:

"RBLUV WROTE:

"Meh its down to personal opinion really, I love my super s's and wouldnt trade em for an lx any day of the week, plus the added bonus of being a rarer car. ABS has saved my ass on numerous occasions ;)"</div>

Rarer car = yes probably because when new they cos an arm and a leg more than the base model with minimal if any better equipment than the base model or similar model from other company, hence noone buys them. Thats why they stop selling micra in Australia.

ABS = u really think on a car that weight 800kg with barely enough juice to spin the wheels would required abs? "ABS has saved my ass on numerous occasions" need to do more defensive diving lesson.

whether it requires ABS or not isnt the question here, but no probably not.

whats the price brand new got to do with this thread? nowadays if i can get a car with a sunroof, aircon, power steering, other cool "equipment" and 12 months rego (like the one i bought off you) im pretty happy.

and i wasnt aware they could teach people to predict other road user errors but if you can point me in the direction of where they do id love to check it out.

as i said its personal opinion :)

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
RBLUV WROTE:

"Mimz WROTE:<BR><BR>"
RBLUV WROTE:<BR><BR><BR><BR>"Meh its down to personal opinion really, I love my super s's and wouldnt trade em for an lx any day of the week, plus the added bonus of being a rarer car. ABS has saved my ass on numerous occasions ;)"</DIV><BR><BR><BR><BR>Rarer car = yes probably because when new they cos an arm and a leg more than the base model with minimal if any better equipment than the base model or similar model from other company, hence noone buys them. Thats why they stop selling micra in Australia.<BR><BR><BR><BR>ABS = u really think on a car that weight 800kg with barely enough juice to spin the wheels would required abs? "ABS has saved my ass on numerous occasions" need to do more defensive diving lesson."</DIV><BR><BR>whether it requires ABS or not isnt the question here, but no probably not. <BR><BR>whats the price brand new got to do with this thread? nowadays if i can get a car with a sunroof, aircon, power steering, other cool "equipment" and 12 months rego (like the one i bought off you) im pretty happy.<BR><BR>and i wasnt aware they could teach people to predict other road user errors but if you can point me in the direction of where they do id love to check it out.<BR><BR>as i said its personal opinion :)<BR>

What im trying to say is that the super s is a "rare" car not because it genuine rare ie, like the subaru sti 22b, but because at the time of sale when it was new noone wanted to buy the super s because of it high price. Therefore nissan australia only sold 300ish car. So coming back to 2011, out of the 300ish car sold only a handful are left hence its become a rare car due to not many around.

Everyone have there own opinion to what they like just that to me i feel that paying twice as much or even more on a super s compared to the base model with barely anything anything difference just doesnt justify it.

CMF_sr20micramike

» CMF Member
and i wasnt aware they could teach people to predict other road user errors but if you can point me in the direction of where they do id love to check it out.

i dunno about oz but that sounds like hazard perception, every driver should be able to do this, its a minimal requirement of actually being able to drive, however, its not the point in question on the thread

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
PLZ818 WROTE:

"well i stumbled upon this thread

<a href="http://www.banzaimagazine.com/forums/thread.cfm?threadID=586&amp;startRow=20" title="http://www.banzaimagazine.com/forums/thread.cfm?threadID=586&amp;startRow=20" target="_blank">http://www.banzaimagazine.com/forums/thread.cfm?threadID=586&amp;startRow=20</a>

im keen to do something like it but not a cage it will be a daily ;) ya or nar?

That's a member off here but rarely on here more the UK forum, and that's like a later series k11 98-02/03, headlights and bonnet are different to the ones in Australia

I like it cause it's different

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
RBLUV WROTE:

"bad boy bonnet you will have to get fabbed up, nowhere sells them

Got a mate who is going to fab me one :D cause he his awesome and I do him favours :) he is also helping me fab up all the work for my turbo conversion :D

Back