WTB: High Lift Cams

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a set of higher lift cams. Can be Tomei/Aspect/Datstrat or whatever...

Do let me know if you are letting go and it's specs.And willing to ship to Singapore.

Thanks

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Radiolite22 WROTE:

"Will they fit direct without mods? Is he selling them?

he,s running with a 2nd shim under the bucket i believe keith, mine has both shims underneath, and the bucket lip removed (ie, my cams run directly on the bucket tops, like the CR engines)

Attachments

• 64862.jpg
    64862.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 34

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
you cant really do it your self unless you know 100% what ur doing...if you set you cams with incorrect tdc you'll bend the valves...
take your head down to a engine machinist and talk to them about what frank said. they be able to explain and give you a break down.

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
mycra WROTE:

"you cant really do it your self unless you know 100% what ur doing...if you set you cams with incorrect tdc you'll bend the valves...

take your head down to a engine machinist and talk to them about what frank said. they be able to explain and give you a break down.

In a lot of ways the micra engine is cheap enough to learn on in this case. I learnt that way, I had a handbook to go off, and a little common sense and caution. And a spare engine in case you lunch it.

Radiolite22 WROTE:

"Sorry frank, I dun really understand the part about "2nd Shim"... How different is the setup from the stock ones?

With some after-market / regrind cams, in order to get higher lift from stock / smaller profile, the base circle gets cut back - basically making the cam circle smaller. In order to allow for the difference when the lobe is not pushing the valve open, you need to add an extra shim under the cam bucket..
Frank will take a more detailed pic no doubt and it will be clear as day.. :)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Mickeybbb WROTE:

Frank will take a more detailed pic no doubt and it will be clear as day.. :)

aye :D here,s one i prepared earlier lol, a 1.0 cam next to one of my autosprint 260 deg/10mm lift ones (with 2.5mm of yellow tape wrapped around it)

Attachments

• 64962.jpg
    64962.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 37

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"Mickeybbb WROTE:<BR><BR>Frank will take a more detailed pic no doubt and it will be clear as day.. :)"</DIV><BR><BR>aye :D here,s one i prepared earlier lol, a 1.0 cam next to one of my autosprint 260 deg/10mm lift ones (with 2.5mm of yellow tape wrapped around it)

Are they for sale franks ?? :D

Back